SOLVED: Two PHP-warnings after update to 1.5.7

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Safari 15.4
URL: Local
Schermafbeelding 2022-11-04 om 14.26.24

[Please describe in as much detail as possible how we can replicate this bug]
Hello everyone,
I just updated to Bricks 1.5.7. After that, now there are two PHP-notices on the frontend of the website.

I’m using a block with a Query. Within the Queried Block is a Template-element (custom loop).

On one page, I’m using the same template for 2 Queries, but the notice only shows up before the first Template-block.

Any suggestions?

Hi Peter,
Thank you very much for your report!

I just encountered the same issue while testing another report and added it to the bug tracker.
You can try using the shortcode element instead, which seems to work without any issues.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

Hi @timmse,

You’re welcome and thank you for letting me know. I’ve already reverted to 1.5.6, but trying a shortcode-element probably would have been an even better idea.

Best regards,

Peter

Hey @PB86nl ,
Bricks 1.6 beta contains a fix for this problem. However, we would be happy if you could briefly test whether the problem is fixed so that we can include it in Bricks 1.6 stable.

You can find the beta version in your account:
https://bricksbuilder.io/account/?v=1.6-beta

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi @timmse ,

I’m now working with 1.6-beta on a Local-environment.
The issue with the PHP-warnings now seems to be solved.
However, I’ve encountered two smaller issues:

1. On a Query → Template, in this case it’s overwriting CSS-property “Position”. (Quickly solved with Codebox, two items should be positioned absolute)
    Schermafbeelding 2022-11-23 om 21.22.39
    .example-class > * { position: relative }

2. I’m using custom CSS on the header. (.home header#brx-header { position: fixed } ). With 1.6-beta, I now have to elaborate this:
    body.home header#brx-header { position: fixed }
    body:not(.home) header#brx-header { position: sticky }
    Could you check if the sticky header still uses “sticky” natively, or now uses “fixed”?

If you have any questions, let me now. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Peter