SOLVED: Trashcan doesn't seem to work all the time

Bricks Version: 1.2
Browser: Chrome 90 (Brave) and Firefox
URL: ( https://youtu.be/-ztRGrAWyQQ )

While in the new “Structure” area, I don’t seem to be able to remove containers unless it is a section. I’ve tired in Chrome (Brave) and Firefox. Please see video

I have a similar issue to yours. I try to delete a global element and it shows back up after a refresh.

V1.2 here running on Edge 90

Here is a POC:

1 Like

I’d like to update this. In my original video, it showed the Section, Row, Column from 1.1.3 version. However, in the new 1.2 Container, Element layout, in the Structure area, the trashcan doesn’t work at all for me. I can, however, right click on each item in the canvas area and delete.

I would like to know if others have this issue in the 1.2, converted functionality.

Hello @Multiecho could you please send an email to help@bricksbuilder.io with login credentials and site URL so we could check this for you? Thank you!

Hello @cristianuibar this seems to be a different bug than the one reported in the initial post. We’ll investigate it. Thank you

Hi @luistinygod The issue is on a local install. However, I spun up a live demo site so I could send you admin access. Upon testing, I haven’t been able to replicate it on the live demo site. I will have to check to see what plugins I have installed on the local site that could be causing a problem.

My apologies.

Hello @cristianuibar, I tried to reproduce the issue on my local 1.2 installation and I couldn’t. Does it still happen on your installation? Is this a migrated website?

@luistinygod I’d like to report back, well actually, I’m not liking having to report back. I went through all of the plugins, deactivating them all. While refreshing the builder after deactivating each plugin, when I reached the last plugin to be deactivated, I inadvertently double clicked the item I was trying to delete. And it deleted.

When I first went to the settings for Bricks, I checked the “Confirm Delete” box and saved. The check mark I was seeing after I first clicked to delete an item meant I was supposed to click on that to confirm deletion. Sorry, I’m used to seeing a popup to confirm delete. I didn’t even think that checkmark was to confirm delete. When I see a checkmark come up on most other things, that means it has been accomplished. Just like when I’m writing on this page, the checkmark is showing when it autosaves.

I know I’m getting old, but I didn’t think I had reached the point where my mind wasn’t working as well as it used to. I guess I was wrong.

As soon as I went to Bricks settings and unchecked the “Confirm Delete”, go back and click on the trash can, the item is deleted. Sorry for wasting your time.

I feel rather foolish about that.

1 Like

Feel free to mark this topic as being resolved. Or put it in a category for clarifying what “Confirm Delete” means and what to expect when that box is checked.

A migrated site, yes.

@cristianuibar The issue with the Global element is already fixed on Bricks 1.2.1, target for today.

1 Like