SOLVED: The Events Calendar Pro: Issues with Calendar Shortcode

Browser: Chrome 110

I am running into problems with The Events Calendar Pro Shortcode [tribe_mini_calendar]:
Using the Navigation Arrows It works for the initial “previous” or “next” attempt.

However, after that, it breaks with a Javascript / jQuery error (in the Google Chrome Developer console) with core.min.js:1. Hence I cant navigate the month after the first attempt.

So it looks like the issue is that there is a conflicting version of a script in the theme itself.

This is the message in Dev Tools Console:

Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.
To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.
Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.

Could you be so kind and take a look at this, since The Events Calendar (Pro) is a really important calendar plugin in the WordPress Universe. If you want I can send you the link to the dev site via private message.

Hi Philipp,
Thanks so much for your report!

The core.min.js is an Events Calendar JS file, since we don’t have any with that name. Theoretically, it could be an Events Calendar bug or an incompatibility issue.

Have you tried switching the theme to see if it works?

We need to investigate the site to get to the root cause. Please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi timmse,

I replied to the last mail and send you the credentials.
Thanks for looking into it!

Cheers,
Philipp

Hi timmse,

I replied again, not sure if you got the mail?
Havent heard from you and wonder if you had time to look into this? :slight_smile:

Thanks and Cheers,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,
Thomas replied to you on 31 May at 11:04. Maybe his email ended up in your spam folder?

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Indeed the mail was there, I overlooked it.
Thanks, everything works now!

Solution was easy: The navigation arrows dont work, when there is no event in the future.
I think this is questionable UI but thats up to the DEV-Team of The Events Calendar Pro.

The issue is resolved, thank you for your help and time!

Best,
Philipp