SOLVED: Template Element in Header - missing (inline) styles in the builder while editing a page

Hi here,
I have a strange bug and I don’t know how to fix that.

I have two header section templates.
Conditions for the first is set to the entire website.
Conditions for the second header is set to only homepage.

So now the I edit the templates itself, everything is fine. But when editing page content, the header is always broke.

This is what it should look like and look on frontend without editing.

And this is what it looks like when editing (not the template itself) a page or something else.

It seems like all the css is not loading for the header because hidden elements are shown (like the big X) und none of the styling applied to elements in the header is active/loaded.

This has nothing to do with the new version, currently it is 1.7. It already was like that before updating.

Hi Philipp,
Thanks so much for your report!

From the screenshot, it’s impossible to tell what’s going wrong.

Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Philipp,
Thanks so much for the login credentials!

The issue is with the template elements in your header, which are missing quite a few styles when using the CSS method “inline styles”. I have changed your styles to external files, which I can no longer see any problems with.

If you want to switch back to inline styles, please insert the templates directly instead of using the template element. Then the styles should also be available.

I have added the problem to the bug tracker and we will solve it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
timmse

Edit: Sorry, I need to add something. There seems to be a lot of duplicate css now. Like a lot duplicates. Not really a styling issue but that’s a lot of unwanted code.

Old answer was:
Thank you so much. It works fine now. It still seems like an issue in general but I’m happy to have this fixed now.

Just adding my voice, I think I’m experiencing a similar issue where header elements appear differently in the editor than they do on the front end. Video explainer: Screencastify

I’m using v1.7 - happens in Chrome and Firefoxc so far.

@diehingucker Yep, we already have that problem on the list.
@digisavvy If you use a template or shortcode element + inline styles, the problem is the same. If not, it’s a different one and I ask you to create a new report. Btw, have a look at your video. I don’t see anything at all from the frontend :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.7.1, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse