SOLVED: Stretching the container does not distribute the content in all sizes

Bricks Version: 1.3.6
Browser: 96.0.1 (64-Bit)

Hi there,

if I stretch the container to its full width, I still expect that what is to be displayed on the right of all screen sizes will not hang in the middle afterwards, but will continue to be on the right.

Unfortunately, I found that this is currently not the case, as the following screenshot shows.

The styling of the container expands to the full width as desired, but the content is only expanded to a width of about 1580px for me.

Does anyone have any idea how to temporarily fix this?

Kind regards

Matze202

Have a look at your Theme Styles - Content. Maybe you’ve applied one? Or maybe the default is being used, which I think is 1100px.

Alan

1 Like

Hi @alanj !

Great, thank you.

But still I think if you set something to full width with the stretch, that default value should not be used there, but should be disabled for that stretched area.

Kind regards

I just found out that if you set the container width to NONE in the page settings under General, this is applied to the individual template.

However, on the pages where the template is installed (in my case the header), the max-width is again limited to 1100px.

Hi Matze,

It looks like you have two containers in your template (it’s just a guess because the structure panel is hidden). If you stretch the outer container, it will stretch, but the inner container keeps the max-content width set in theme styles (default 1100px).

This makes it easy to have a full-width section with a background color, but still centered content with a specific max-width. You have two options: remove the inner container, or set it to stretch (or 100% or 100vw width) as well.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi @timmse ,

Thank you for the info, the problem was again the user.

I would only have had to choose the settings of the containers differently.

Either stretch the inner container:

Or distribute the internal elements in the parent container accordingly:

Now the division in the container works as it should.

Kind regards

Matze202

1 Like