SOLVED: Select Filter Issue when values contains space

Bug description:
The native select filter of Bricks doesn’t work if any of the values ​​inside it contain a “space”. The values inside are populated from an Advanced Custom Fields (ACF). The values appears correctly in the dropdown list. The bug occurs when the value containg the space is selected.

Steps to reproduce :

1. Create a dropdown field in ACF
  2. Add two values for this field (e.g. “Value 1” and “Value-1”)
  3. Assign few posts for these different values
  4. Insert a “Filter - Select” with Bricks using the values created before
  5. See the behavior difference between “Value 1” and “Value-1”
2 Likes

Hi Thomas,
Thanks so much for your report!

We already have a task for a similar problem with the checkbox that should be solved in the next version. In the meantime, you can use value : label instead of just the value (“for more control”).

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

I have this same issue too. I tried to change all of my value to value : label but they’re not showing in my filter still. I’m guessing I’m not understanding something.

I think you have to save each post separately so that the value : label pair is saved, as it is not currently assigned.

I went through and re-saved all of those “Specialty” checkboxes in each post. My list still appears the same. My post is a Custom Post Type created in ACF. Would that affect it?

No, that shouldn’t make any difference. However, the fix for the problem should be implemented in the next version, which should be released soon.

1 Like

Hi guys,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.8 beta, now available as a manual download in your account (see changelog).

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on a production or live website. It is only meant for testing in a local or staging environment.