SOLVED: Reset password form not triggering default admin notification

I noticed in Bricks 1.9.4 that the password reset functionality is correctly triggering the retrieve_password_notification_email hook, which sends the default mail to change the password.

However, after successfully changing the mail the password_change_email as well as the wp_password_change_notification_email is not triggered. I think this is not a good practice, since the forms hooking into native functionality should trigger default functionality.

In detail: the form directly sets the password using the wp_set_password. This function is basically only used in reset_password (reset_password() – Function | Developer.WordPress.org). This function does nothing more than wp_set_password but updating some user meta and triggering the after_password_reset hook which finally triggers the mentioned wp_password_change_notification_email hook leading to sending the admin notice.

The only thing I would like to request which I consider a bug is changing line 43 in reset-password.php of the form action to use reset_password()

Hi @JUVO_Justin,

Yup, you’re right. Thank you for reporting this. I added this to our to-do list.

1 Like

Hi Justin,
We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.6, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Changelog: Bricks 1.9.6 Changelog – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse