SOLVED: Parsing Error since latest update

Browser: Safari
URL: http://www.honitontheatre.co.uk
Video:

Page is showing:
Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘)’ in /home/sites/3a/2/2f9ab72d19/public_html/wp-content/themes/bricks/includes/elements/video.php on line 231

I think this is since the update, but I can’t be sure as I can’t login to the back end.

1 Like

Have the same error when installing (1.7.2 or 1.7.3) and activating or previewing the theme on a clean WP installation.
Although when doing this on a Local WP instance - everything works fine.

EDIT:
Tried installing on an old PHP version (5.6.2) in Local - same error. So most probably it’s a PHP version issue. My hosting has a lot of live websites, so they can break if I will upgrade PHP (from 7.2 to 7.3 or newer).

Hey guys,
We’re currently investigating the issue since Alex reached out to us in parallel per eMail.
According to Alex, there seems to be no problem in Bricks 1.7.1.

Welcome to the forum @Ldigah! It might be helpful if you could also send us access data and FTP access (so that we can check the error logs) to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase.

As @Ldigah mentioned this error only happens in outdated PHP versions (pre-7.4). Once you update to PHP 7.4+ the error message should disappear.