SOLVED: Page content is shown twice

Bricks Version: 1.2.2
Browser: Chrome 90 (latest update)
URL: Lege pagina – Historische Vereniging Moordrecht

Hello,

I wonder if I am the only one that has this issue.

I set a template for the page content, with the condition ‘pages’. And indeed, the content of the page is shown. It’s existing content I made earlier with the page builder from Themify.

So far so good.

But when I add a text element in the template, the page content is also shown there. Like a picture in a picture. On pages with Elementor as the page builder the same thing.

Has anyone an idea what happens here and how it can be fixed?

Template (backend):

Result on frontend:

Hello @Guebwiller

Inspecting the HTML generated shows that the second block is injected by themify. The Bricks text element runs WordPress “the_content” filter which is often used by other plugins (or themes) to inject content. Please check if this is not the case, by disabling any themify leftovers.

That is the case. With Elementor the same thing. When I clean the WP editor the whole content made with Elementor is gone. Does this mean that I can’t use the text element in a page or post template?

You may use a Text element or the Post content element on the post template. The issue here is that somehow you have in the Gutenberg content a block (maybe from Elementor) that also prints the post content, which gives that repeated content effect.

If I understand correctly, the text element renders the post content automatically? So it can’t be used in a template where the post content also is active?

I’ve tested this issue with different pagebuilders and the result on frontend is the same.

That would mean that i can’t move my existing websites with page builder content to Bricks, unless I don’t use the text element and the post content element in the same template. Or am I wrong?

No. The Text element renders the text element content that you add via builder. The Text element also parses that content through the “the_content” filter to run possible shortcodes included there.

You may use both on the same page or post template.

By analyzing the HTML generated on this page it seems that you have a 3rd party plugin hooking on the “the_content” filter and injecting there the content of the WordPress editor. This is not related to Bricks. If you disable all the plugins you won’t get this double content effect.

That must be the page builder by Themify. I’ve deactivated all plugins and the text element shows the text. But when I activated Themify again, the double content of the builder returned on the frontend of the text element content.

If that’s the case, I have a problem, because all he posts in de website are made with the Themify Builder…

The ideal scenario would be to transfer the content into Bricks data (creating the pages with Bricks builder) and stop using Themify. If that is not possible, we could help you with the specifics. Send us an email to help@bricksbuilder.io.

Thanks. I will do that!