SOLVED: OffCanvas - Body does not match Offset animation

When setting the option “Offset” in the OffCanvas element, the body offset animation does not match the one of the OffCanvas element.
The OffCanvas element seems to have by default the following setting:

transition: transform .2s cubic-bezier(.25,0,.25,1);

However the body just “snaps” instantly into place, especially noticeable if you manually slow down the animation of the OffCanvas element

Hi Jaime,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.
The body is also assigned a transition via the style tag, which is applied to transform. Since the body is moved with margin-left, however, this does not match.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Jaime,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta 3, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes I confirm, this has been fixed, thank you!
BTW this is not a big deal, but just to confirm there is currently no official way of changing the animation or the speed correct? It has to be done through external CSS customization correct?

Thanks for confirming! Yep, a custom CSS one-liner does the job for now :+1:

Hey timmse, nice to see you. Can you check the no-scroll behaviour when set in the offcanvas.

When you toggle the offcanvas ON, that works perfect. the body have no-scroll class set. but when the offcanvas is toggled off. That dosent remove the no-sroll class from the body.

Its a small bug i think. I can remove the class by using interactions of js and works great. But I assume the no-sroll is only meant to set for when the menu is open right?.

Do check that out.

Thanks

Hey Ahmad,
You’re right. In addition to yours, I’ve found another issue while testing :+1:

Hi Ahmad,
We’ve fixed the no-scroll issue in Bricks 1.8, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi timmse,
Hope you are doing great. Yes the no-scroll issue is fixed in Bricks 1.8, thanks. But here comes another issue with 1.8. The offcanvas closes by itself on clicking inside it.
I can click on links and it follows the links as it should. But when ever I click on a dropdown element, or another element inside the offcanvas, the offcanvas closes.
I rolled back to 1.8beta3 and it works fine there.
Its an issue within 1.8
I am curious what was the other issue though. :thinking:
Regards
Ahmad Mirza

@Mirza I’ve replied to the dedicated offcanvas close thread here: WIP: Offcanvas unexpected closes - #4 by thomas. Re-downloading 1.8 should fix this issue.

Also, please create a separate forum post for every issue. It helps us very much keep track of everything :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like