SOLVED: Nav Menu: Menu item icon should be affected by item hover

Browser: 112.0.5615.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)
URL: N/A
Video: https://youtu.be/f52TTK1LvEU

Nav Menu element: when styling the hover state for a menu item icon (e.g. a dropdown arrow in top level menu), the hover state doesn’t show when hovering over the menu item. It only triggers when explicitly hovering over the icon.

Suggest changing this so item hover affects the icon.

EDIT: config:

Hi Matt,
Thanks so much for your report!

I agree that it would make more sense to address the icon via :hover as follows:

root .bricks-nav-menu > li.menu-item-has-children > a:hover > i {
  color: inherit;
}

When you add this to your nav menu, it automatically takes on the color of the link.

Best regards,
timmse

Thanks, Stefan! Are you planning to add this to a future release, or should I keep this CSS snippet around?

I have at least added it to the ToDo list as an “improvement”. Whether our devs will also consider it useful remains to be seen :wink:

Sounds good, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Best regards,

timmse

Hmm, the issue still seems to occur. And I noticed that if I apply a 3px bottom border and set it transparent on default, and coloured on hover, it works correctly, but it does not show up when I set the state to hover in the builder:

You can see the issue with the icon on https://easyweb.2sinn.it/ba.

Hi Matt,
True, we have overlooked the other case (changing the icon color only). But at least the icon inherits the color of the link now if it was set. We will have a look at it again.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for being on top of it :slight_smile:

Hey Matt,
I think we got it now (at least I hope so). Can you give it another shot with Bricks 1.8 beta 2, now available as a manual download in your account.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

It works on my end! Awesome, thanks.

I’m on 1.8.3 and this is not resolved. Link and icon do not have the same colors on hover.

Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, the problem has crept back in… we’re working on it.

2 Likes

Hi

OK, thanks for the update.

Paul

Hi guys,
We’ve fixed this issue (again) in Bricks 1.8.4, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Just did a quick spot-check on one of my builds. Yup, fixed!

Checked, fixed. Thanks!