SOLVED: My site layout broke after updating to 1.7-beta

Bricks Version: 1.7-Beta
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: https://dev.jtdesign.my

I found my site layout broken after updated to 1.7-beta.

I’ve taken these steps.

1. Resave the permalink
  2. Enabled Disable chaining element & global class
  3. Regenerate CSS
  4. Purged cache

I updated it from 1.6.2

The layout looks fine when I see it in the editor view. But frontend is not the same.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Jornes

3 Likes

I can confirm the problem on my end also.

The website looks fine if I’m logged in, but looks totally broken if I log out. The url is: https://martej.com/brickstaging/

I’ve just updated from 1.6.2 to the 1.7 beta. It looks like CSS doesn’t load? If you need access or any other info, I am happy to provide it to you.

EDIT: I didn’t disable chaining.

Thanks,
Matej

2 Likes

Puedo confirmar el mismo problema. Mi sitio se rompe si estoy desconecto pero se ve bien si estoy conectado. He borrado css externo y he desactivado plugins de cache y de css. Solo ha vuelto a funcionar volviendo a la última versión estable.

Hi guys,
We’re already working on a fix… :v:

Best regards,
timmse

3 Likes

Hey guys,
Please re-download Bricks 1.7 beta from your account: Account – Bricks

Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Works good now on my end.Now the only problem that could break a layout is when bricks 1.7 add additional < p > inside text element. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for the hotfix!

Now, waiting for you guys to fix the Duplicated P on basic text element.

Guys,
Please stick to the topic of “broken layout” :slight_smile:

We will be happy to deal with everything else afterward, provided there is a separate thread for it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

One of my dev sites is still broken even with the hotfix. I have reverted back to 1.6.2 and instantly the site is fixed.

Try investigate further to see what is causing the layout broke.

1 Like

Hi @ianforest,

Kindly provide more information about the issue so that we could check on it.
Thanks~

It doesn’t affect all elements, but what I have noticed is that the elements it does affect have global classes attached to them - and it’s always the same elements.

To explain, when I installed the first 1.7 beta yesterday it affected 3 or 4 elements on the page. I reverted back to 1.6.2 and everything was fine. Then, when I installed the hotfix earlier, exactly the same elements were affected again. From memory, the elements affected were “basic text”.

Between each theme update/revert I regenerated CSS, permalinks, etc. There’s no cache.

I hope this helps.

Does it affect your basic text element only? Just to ask.

I think so, I’m going to double-check now to make sure. Everything looks great in the builder however, just not on the front end.

Please check. Many(including me) are also encountering the same issue. The hotfix fixed our broken layout, anyway.

Alright, if it’s related to the basic text element, kindly follow this thread.

Yup, we already noticed the issue and Thomas will update that thread after a hot fix.
Thanks.

Thank you, @itchycode
Great to know another hotfix will be provided.

1 Like

Ok so I re-installed the first 1.7 hotfix and as suspected, the same basic text elements were affected again and I also noticed that my overlay header was out of place. It looks like the padding controls for the section in the header were being ignored completely. Even if I manually set them to “0” the padding did not change.

I have just reverted back to 1.6.2 but will try 1.7 again to check for that double

tag.

Try with 2nd version of 1.7 to finalize your investigation. The first version indeed broke the site layout. That was why hotfix was provided.