SOLVED: Mobile Nav background-color issue

It’s actually v1.8b2 - but I can’t choose that.

On Nav Nestable-> NAV ITEMS element - I set the background color by adding a class - one that I use to set background color in many places, but:

.brxe-nav-nested.brx-open .brx-nav-nested-items

Is more specific, so it resets to white (even if I use !important in my css rule). For me, this color should not have a default - so that it has to be set in the builder.

I can work-around by setting a global css rule of my own for .brxe-nav-nested.brx-open .brx-nav-nested-items … but it seems better to have ‘built in’ styles that are easy to over-ride.

Hi Mike,
Thanks so much for your report!

I agree with you that it becomes problematic in this case, as there is no setting to override the Mobile Menu Background Color. I have added it to the bug tracker, let’s see how we can solve this.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta 3, now available as a manual download in your account, by adding a dedicated Background Color setting to the mobile menu. To make all the settings work as expected, we need some defaults and in certain cases more specific classes, that cannot be overridden with a single class.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Works for me - now I can create a var(–) and use that, changing the Var value as needed instead of having to target class.
Loving the mega-menu with the 1.8b3 update… many thanks.

1 Like