SOLVED: Issues in changing the ID of an object

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser: all

Hi, i have two bug in builder, you can see them in action in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRNVGFmmp34

First issue: when i delete an ids name without set another id value, bricks return #false in input area. Shouldn’t it set a random id?
Second issue: when i change an ids name, Bricks no longer shows object highlighting on mouseover in the editor …
Were these bugs known?

1 Like

Hi Paolo,
Thanks so much for your report!

First issue
It should reset to the generated ID that is still there, even if it shows #false. I’ve added the issue to our bug tracker.

Second issue
I am not able to reproduce the issue. Which browser are you using in your video?

Best regards,
timmse

I use chrome…i can give you a credential for testing site if you want…

Hey, sure!
Please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you’ve used during purchase (so we can verify you as a customer) :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
best regards

timmse

1 Like

Ok, this is very strange… even if I remove the custom ID, the frame is not displayed for this template element. We’ll take a look at this again soon, so please keep the credentials active.

1 Like

Any news? I’m having the same problem with other sites too … the highlight of the templates not showing… It is not something that stuck the work but anyway quite annoying.

Hey, “WIP” in the title means: work in progress :slight_smile:
Please keep the credentials active :v:

1 Like

Hi guys,
The issue has been fixed with Bricks 1.5beta.
Please let us know if you still encounter any problems :v:

Best regards,
timmse