SOLVED: Invalid Post Type

Hello,
In my case it was the “Filter Everything” Plugin by Andrii Stepasiuk. With the newest Update of the plugin it now seems to work.

1 Like

thank u, i was facing same issue with different plugin

I am currently on v1.6.2 and got the same issue with my templates. But even disabling ALL plugins does not solve the problem.

I also tried exporting all the templates and importing them again, but that didn’t solve the problem either.

I can still use those templates, but I can’t edit them anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas?

With kind regards,
Chris

1 Like

I have made one step further. If I change the status of the template to “Draft”, I can edit it. After the edits, I have to set it back to “Published”.

This behaviour is new. It was different before and it is different on another website.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris

1 Like

Hi @Chris22 ,

Could you please check your server rewrite rules like .htaccess or nginx settings?
Maybe resaving your permalink settings will resolve the issue?
Otherwise, you could send your website temp admin access to help@bricksbuilder.io so we could log in and check on it.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jenn

Also getting this error on 1.6.2 with CPT’s.

Tried disabling all plugins, inc metabox and reactivating, and flushing/changing/resaving permalinks.

Again, if i mark as draft I can edit the post/page etc but as soon as its published i get the error. Frontend 404’s when post/page is published also but fine in draft frontend preview

@itchycode what nginx settings should we be looking out for or checking?

EDIT - Also on 1.6.1, 1.6 & 1.5.7 - so either serious bug or site errors somewhere.

EDIT 2 - worked out that my errors could be due to trying to edit a CPT child - new bug report here - MetaBox CPT hierarchical children Invalid Post Type

2 Likes

@Jenn, thank you for taking on this problem - and solving it.

Hi Jenn,
I am experiencing this issue as well.

The .htaccess/nginx settings you mention are a bit above my paygrade.
I have tried resaving the Permalink settings numerous times with no luck.

Any other suggestions?

I have the same problem. Has anyone got the problem solved? I can confirm that I can edit the template in draft mode. Once I publish the template, I no longer have access to it.

No, I still have the same problem. It miraculously disappeared for some time, but it returned.

Hi @stabilo & @nightowl ,
Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Hi @timmse,
It would be great if you could let us know what to do if you find something in the 2 installations.

Hello @timmse,
Things are getting very strange. After opening a template once from the template menu within Bricks (not from the Wordpress Bricks template menu), I can now open all templates again from the Wordpress Bricks template menu.

I deactivated all plugins and opening the template worked again. One of the last plugins was Custom Post Type UI but not sure as I deactivated several plugins at once.

Everything worked fine after reactivating all plugins again. Bricks 1.70

Hey guys,
As far as I can see there is no issue anymore. Basically, your problems probably came from incorrect rewrite rules like “/” or not saving permalinks after significant changes that can’t be tracked after the fact.

So, whenever you have “Invalid post types”, make sure to (one thing at a time):

• resave your permalinks
  • remove custom PHP redirects
  • disable plugins
  • check .htaccess for custom redirects

Best regards,
timmse

Hello, we have created a custom post type (landingpage) and would like to remove the slug. We had used the below rewrite rule.

i.e
$rewrite = array(
‘slug’ => ‘/’,
‘with_front’ => false,
);

However, this break the template access in bricks. How would you suggest removing the slug without breaking bricks builder.

Hey gang, I just encountered this same issue. I actually don’t have a single plugin on my site. I read this thread, went to the permalinks setting and simply resaved and it was fixed. Probably not much help, but thought I’d drop a comment.

1 Like

Hi there, I have the same issue for two pages when I try to edit in Bricks. I found some categories have the same url as the pages with problem. After I have renamed one of my category with a different slug url and saved permalinks and clear cache worked. I have to try harder for second page. For moment looks like I still have to clear cache properly. I hope this may fix the problem for some people. Check the url to don’t have the same name.

1 Like

Did you notice this is happening as well after moving a website?

It happened after I moved the website from development to the production domain using Duplicator plugin to backup and restore (migrate) the website.

1 Like