SOLVED: Inconsistent form checkbox behaviour in dynamically generated cards

Browser: Any
Video: Jam

If you have a set of dynamically generated cards and there is a pop-up form in the card containing a checkbox, clicking on the checkbox’s text in the pop-up for the first card selects/deselects the checkbox, but does not do so for the other cards forms. Clicking the checkbox itself works but not the text.
This causes an issue for ACSS styling of the form as well as it stops the checkbox working in the other forms.

Hi @simon ,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
Yup, I can see the issue as the checkbox Id are the same for each popup form.
Hence, clicking the checkbox label inside 2nd or 3rd popup label actually toggles the 1st popup’s checkbox.

Already recorded this into the bug tracker.

Please may I know more about “causes an issue for ACSS styling”? I would like record this as well.

Regards,
Jenn

Hi @itchycode
Without ACSS forms styling being applied, I can select and deselect the checkbox on any card. With ACSS styling applied, I cannot select the checkbox on the dynamically generated cards, only on the first card.

Hi @simon

That’s interesting.
Do you mind temporarily deactivating the ACSS plugin and testing again?
I believe clicking on the checkbox label on other looping popups form will not work even without ACSS.
Can you help to confirm this?

Hi Jenn,

Here’s a link to a video to show what happens when a form is and isn’t styled with ACSS. Hope it helps.

Video

1 Like

Hi Simon,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta 2, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.