SOLVED: Impossible to add Classes into the builder

Hello :slight_smile:

I am very annoyed as it makes things harder to work on, so if someone has an idea or even better a solution for this following problem, I would be very thankful as it happens on websites.

Issue on Bricks v1-9-3:

• The left-hand class panel does not open or accept new entries when clicked
  • it was working and suddenly stopped (without tweaking the config or adding plugins)

24-11-23@18h40- screenshot

Did I do something wrong? Is it a bug? Has anyone else noticed this? It’s very annoying :confused:

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:
tanguy

Additional informations:

• it was working and suddenly stopped (without tweaking the config or adding plugins)
  • I have the same issue on several websites
  • I can still rename the ID or a class (if one is already configured). I can also open the ACSS menu using right-click.
  • I am working on a Mac with browser Arc

I tried:

• Enabling and disabling again the global classes in bricks settings (Builder)
  • starting with a new component with no classes
  • starting with a new page
  • Deactivating all plugins
  • Deleting cookies and history
  • Cleaning Bricks and Acss cache
  • Several browsers Arc, Firefox, Chrome / private browsing mode
  • Testing with plugin: Enable jQuery Migrate Helper

Plugins Installed and up to date:

• Automatic.css
  • BBQ Firewall
  • BricksExtras
  • Bricks Forge
  • Frames
  • HappyFiles Pro
  • Meta Box
  • Meta Box AIO
  • ShortPixel Image Optimizer
  • WP Grid Builder
  • WP Grid Builder - Bricks
  • WPCodeBox
  • WPS Hide Login
  • WPS Limit Login
  • WS Form PRO
  • WS Form PRO - Google Sheets

Hi @tanguy,

Thank you for your report and sorry for the late reply.

Hmm this looks like a unique issue. Could you please share temporary admin access (preferably a staging environment with no plugins active) to help@bricksbuilder.io with a link to this forum thread?

1 Like

Hello Charaf !

I ma so glad to have some news from you :slight_smile: I will send you all to the email you suggest.

Have a great day and thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Hi @tanguy,

Thank you for sharing access to multiple staging websites :slight_smile:

Looks like the root cause was because one of your global classes doesn’t have a name (somehow). No way to know how this happened and I’m not sure if this is related ACSS at all (I would guess we’d get more reports about it if it was).

But either way I added a fix that should allow you to still use the classes dropdown. This should be included in the next release next week if all goes to plan.

1 Like

Hi Charaf !

Thank you very much for your investigation and your solution.

I am not sure whether that ACSS is related, but I am wondering if it’s not when I start to use the ACSS BEM tool.

Anyway I will be able to work with 100% of the efficiency of bricks, and that’s a very, very good new :slight_smile:

Have a great day !

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue with Bricks Builder 1.9.3, specifically with accessing the functionality to create CSS classes. When I click on the bar, I am unable to access the feature to write or modify CSS classes.

I would like to know how you resolved this issue or at least how you managed to re-enable the function to write CSS classes. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Hi @Droom,

Bad news: it won’t be easy to fix it yourself.

Good news: the fix should be in the next release.

Let me know if the issue persists following the 1.9.4 release :slight_smile:

@charaf thank you for your response. I understand that the fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming 1.9.4 release. As this issue is significantly impacting my work, could you please provide an estimated timeline for the release of version 1.9.4? Knowing when the update is expected would be very helpful for my planning purposes.

Thank you again for your assistance and looking forward to the update.

Hi @Droom,

No promises but most likely today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @charaf

Just applied the 1.9.4 release on the concerned web sites and all is now working as it was.

That’s awesome ! Thank you very much for you help and your quick solution !

Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

As already mentioned: We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.4, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.
Changelog: Bricks 1.9.4 Changelog – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse @charaf

Sorry to reopen this Bug. I’m facing the same issue in Bricks 1.9.7.1 Could you please help me with that?

When I click on a bar where we normally click to add/modify classes it doesn’t show the classes dropdown. So, I’m not able to add new classes or modify any class.

Even I’m not able to add classes by pressing the shortcut Ctrl+Enter

Hi @muhammadadeel ,
Please check Bricks » Settings » Builder and see if this toggle is enabled. If so, disable it.

If this is not the case, please deactivate all plugins and test it again.

Oh! My bad. I disabled it from Bricks Settings.

Thanks @timmse