SOLVED: Icon with Link: Attribute applies to the icon

Bricks Version : 1.6.1
Browser : Google Chrome 108.0.5359.94

To download a media from a JetEngine Dynamic meta link we can use attributes and set a download one

It works well in items outside loops. Whenever I have a loop and I need to get each one it doesn’t work, at least in my case where I have a download icon with the dynamic link and the download attribute.

Hi Pau,
Thanks so much for your report!

I am not sure if I understand your report correctly. Can you please explain it again? What exactly isn’t working? :thinking:

Best regards,
timmse

After some time I found that the download attribute wasn’t applying to and icon element correctly. I wrapped the icon element with a div and set the div tag to link [a] with a dynamic value and give the div a download attribute. It worked well doing it that way.

So the main issue is that download attributes don’t work for icons, but do for divs.

Thanks for explaining again, not I got it. If a link is applied to the icon element, the attribute doesn’t apply to the link, but to the icon itself.

I’ve added it to the bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Pau,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.7 beta, now available as a manual download in your Bricks account: Account – Bricks

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like