SOLVED: Forms confirmation email bug?

I dont recive the confirmation email when using forms. This is my configuration, I’ve also tried typing the {{form_field}} of the email address in submitted form

1 Like

Hi Pedro,
Thanks so much for your report!

First of all, please make sure that the email dispatch on your website generally works and if not, whether SMTP is set up correctly.

If yes, it is possible that your sender email address is blocked by the SMPT service (e.g. if you use a different URL than the one of the installation » Spam and Phishing Prevention). Otherwise, you could send emails in the name of your bank or health insurance company…

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi there!

Thanks for your quick answer.

SMPT is set correctly (it sends me verified messages to my email adress when someone uses the form).

Right now I’m working a subdomain while using the the main email of my website. This is where I recieve the emails mentioned above. Do this has anything to do with confirmation email not sending?

Once I finish the subdomain design my plans are to replace the current main domain design with the subdomian one.

Everything works fine except the confirmation email.

Anyway you are doing a really great job guys, I’m movimg most of my projects to BB.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve tried using the email action and writing the {{form_field}} with the form email on the receiver and it works fine, wich tells me the confirmation email isn’t working.

Hope this is fixed soon!

Having the same issue, live domain, SMTP is setup correctly, i also get a notification email but the confirmation email doesnt work.

1 Like

Same issue here. Also in my case the SMTP in setup correctly and receive the “send to” first e-mail.
Please help us!

System information:
PHP 8.1.15
WordPress 6.2
Bricks (1.7.3)
Using Bricks child
WP Mail SMTP (3.7.0) configured correctly

Regards.

Hey @prj, hey @Omar, hey @simone.m,

since I could not reproduce the issue on my end… would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Thanks,

André

Hey @simone.m,

thanks a lot for sending the credentials! I could reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

A workaround for now is to leave the “Reply-To” field in the email settings empty.

CleanShot 2023-04-20 at 12.23.03

In your case it actually isn’t needed at all since Bricks will automatically use the email that is submitted via form (as you can see in the help text below the input). That way the confirmation email should be sent without issues.

Let me know if that helps.

@prj, @Omar: Since we did not retrieve any credentials from you yet it would be great if you could confirm that you’re also explicitly setting the “Reply-To” field at the moment. If so – and if applicable – please try to remove it and see if the confirmation email then works for you.

Thanks,

André

2 Likes

Really thanks @aslotta.

Good work! I hope you a good day.

Hey @aslotta,

send the temporary login details via Mail. Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers Omar

Hey @Omar,

thanks for sending the credentials. This was really helpful as your setup is different compared to the one from @simone.m. I updated the bug ticket accordingly.

Kind regards,

André

1 Like

Thank you for checking it out André, appreciate it!

Hi guys,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Best regards,

timmse

Hey Timmse,

I did a quick test and I wasn’t able to make it work.

The workaround I did with email action and form adress still works, which makes me think there’s still a problem with confirmation email. Maybe I’m missing somthing.

You can email me if you want to check my webpage.

Thanks!

Hey Pedro,

if you provide me with some credentials to your site again (ideally using the conversation we already had regarding this topic via help@bricksbuilder.io) I’m happy to have another look.

Thanks,

André