SOLVED: Footer not displayed, template visible but there's no access to edit

Bricks Version: 1.3.6
Browser: Chrome newest

An issue appeared that I have a Footer template in bricks set as default to be visible on entire website without any condition and it’s not showing also with any condition set, same issue.

The template was visible in Bricks > Templates. But when accessing it from Bricks there’s no way to edit it and the Structure panel is empty only see the footer UI.

Luckily had .JSON copy of the template. Deleted it and imported once again, then it appeared in correct way.

There’s also an issue that under the footer there’s a huge margin, which I can’t delete.

Best regards,
Jacob

Hello Jakub,

can you send me the json file of the template so I can take a look?

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Email sent to help@bricks… :slight_smile:

Thanks for providing the templates! I did a quick test import with the broken template and hell yes - there is something really wrong :sweat_smile: I asked @luistinygod to take a look at it too, maybe he knows where the problem comes from.

But I can tell you where the “margin” has its origin: from your sub-menu items, especially “cennik” causes the problem. One way to solve this is to increase the min-height of the footer so your submenu fits into it or increase the padding bottom (as you already did a few minutes ago).

My personal opinion and probably the best approach: get rid of the submenus in the footer :smiley:

1 Like

Great that it’s a context from which we can start dealing with this issue . Thanks for taking a look and for the response.

Exactly, as You’ve noticed we played with some paddings/margins of the template:Footer and as surprise it helped. :slight_smile: but if I won’t have the backup file I couldn’t fix it all :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, maybe we should flatten the Footer menus, and leave them only in template:Header

Best regards,
Jacob

You’re welcome, but yes, of course you’re absolutely right that such a thing should not happen. As I said, maybe Luis can detect an error (or bug) in the template… for that my programming skills are not enough :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Great, thank You for forwarding it futher. :slight_smile:

You’re not? Must be keeding, You’ve done a lot of work!

Luckily it’s fixed, because site it’s going to be deployed soon. :slight_smile:

I also had some issues with a footer template which did not show up correct. Tried deleting it and make a new but did not help. Then I set css loading to external and regenerated the css which fixed it. I have not tried to switch back to standard css loading but it it may be an opportunity to also test the sandbox plugin later.

Hi guys,

we have probably found the cause of the problem. The template (which is actually a footer template) was imported into a single template and then saved as a footer. This has most likely led to the problem.

To avoid such problems in the future, you should only import templates of a certain type into the same type :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like