SOLVED: Filters - checkbox JS error on taxonomy pages

I am currently working on a website and using filters for a custom post type with custom taxonomies.

It works on Sonstige Produkte | BTM Infrarotkabinen with the following settings:

• Right column on this page: query loop with the correct post type and displaying 20 “posts per page”, all other settings for the query loop are the default ones.
  • Left column: 2 filters for 2 different custom taxonomies, and the correct “target query” has been set. “Hierarchical” has been activated, all other settings are the default ones.

I am using the same filter on a post type taxonomy archive template.
Some settings are different compared to the working filter that I posted in the URL above:

• For the query loop I have activated “is main query”
  • No different settings for the filters

One archive page is Infrarotkabinen aus Österreich | BTM Infrarotkabine. The terms in the left column are listed but the filter is deactivated, not clickable. And there is also a console error on the archives.
It’s interesting that it works when I open the template itself in the browser.

For archives, it would also be good to restrict the filters to subcategories of the currently active taxonomy. Is this possible somehow?

It would be wonderful to get this resolved. I’d rather prefer to use Bricks filters than something like FacetWp.

Hi @JohnK ,

The taxonomy filter will be disabled if you land on the same taxonomy archive page. This is the current behavior in Bricks to avoid unexpected query results when combined with different filters on the same page. We will improve this.

For the JS error, can you please provide admin access for us to investigate? Please send admin credentials to help@bricksbuilder.io and include this forum thread as reference.

Regards,
Jenn

Hi John,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.9.8 beta, now available as a manual download in your account (see changelog).

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on a production or live website. It is only meant for testing in a local or staging environment.

Hello, thanks for your reply and your efforts to fix the issue.

Unfortunately I had to remove the Bricks filter from the website in the meantime because it doesn’t work on taxonomy archive pages - you explained the reason for this behaviour about 2 weeks ago.
But I will definitely use the filters in the future for a different project.