SOLVED: Editor's Context Menu is partly affected by Custom CSS

Bricks Version: 1.3.6

Because I use a dark/black background at my Bricks Test Page, I defined in the global child theme font color by p, span, li, ... { color: white; }

When I use the right click Context Menu in the editor, “Copy” & “Paste” are invisible - the rest is:

“Copy” & “Paste” have a span around (classes doesn’t matter here) and the spans are affected by my individual CSS specification:

The rest is well defined by #bricks-builder-context-menu ul li - below you see the color part in my general style.css:

Hi flex,

thank you very much for this - admittedly specific - good catch! :smiley:
We’ll expand the styles, and everything should be fine.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Same here:

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.56.08
Edit: oh, the macOS screenshots are a bit out of control

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 19.15.13

Same with “Edit Header” / “Edit Footer” when hover Header/Footer in Editor.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue. Bricks 1.3.7 (stable release) will include some builder CSS fixes in regards to your report.

But it is impossible to cover all possible custom CSS cases. The best solution here is not to load those files in the builder panel in the first place. Bricks has a PHP function called bricks_is_builder_main() that returns true if the builder panel is being loaded.

I’ve added a code example about how to use it the to “Child Theme” Academy article as well:

You can also download the updated child theme code from your Bricks account.

I am going to close this post, as according to my tests those issues will be resolved in 1.3.7 (stable). If you are still experiencing any of them at that point, please let me know here.