SOLVED: Dynamic colors are not working in Templates

Browser: Chrome 111

Hello. If I create a template for pages or products (or any other type of content), and that template uses a color that is inside a dynamic field associated with the post or page or product, this only works in design mode. When viewing the page, it does not work.

Thanks!

Hey @dmonje, no problems on my end (using v1.7.1) – see this short screencast.

What are you trying to use the color for? Can you give some more details regarding your exact setup or maybe also provide a small screencast demonstrating your issue?

Hello! It is very strange. I just tried another website of mine and the same thing happens. It works in design mode but not in real mode. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to read the dynamic field.

Thanks!

David.

Can you share a URL to the page and create a small screencast? That’d make helping easier. :smiling_face:

Good morning, of course. I send you a video. There is a template assigned to a page (that page really has no content). In design mode, all is ok, but when the page si viewer, the color is ignored (bricks does not read the color field). Dynamic color in Bricks with templates - YouTube . Page is https://web2times.com/test-page/ .

Thanks!

David.

Good morning, can you show your template’s conditions? Are you sure that the template you’re showing is really applied to the page? Are there any other templates on your site?

For me it works with a setup like yours – see screencast.

Good morning, it’s a strange thing. I have tested in two different webs in different servers.

In my sites there are headers and footer templates. I can see the problem is that {acf_color_xxx} returns an empty string (only in templates). I send you two screenshots more.

I have tested this in PHP 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 .

Best regards,

David.

Hey @dmonje, could you also show the setup of your ACF field group? And what other Bricks templates are there in your installation?

Hello! I can send you the credentials privately to be able to enter the administration area of the Web. It might be easier that way :wink:

Best regards,

David.

Sure. Just drop me a message. :slight_smile:

Hi! Your Email has been added as “admin”. Page is “Test color page” and template is “Template Test”.

Thanks!

David.

Hey @dmonje, sorry, I didn’t make it earlier. But I found the culprit. It works as expected when you change the CSS loading method back to Inline styles.

CleanShot 2023-03-30 at 15.39.07

There are multiple reports of problems with the External files option in 1.7.1. So maybe you add a comment to one of those threads describing your specific problem.

Thank you very much!

David.

Hey David,
Thanks so much for your report and thanks Andre, for checking!

Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials too, so I can have a look and can verify if it’s the already reported issue?

Best regards,
timmse

Good evening Timmse, do you need Wordpress login credentials for the site of the test?

Best regards,

David.

Yes, I need admin login credentials :slight_smile:

Hello! Of course, how can I send you a private message?

Best regards,

David.

Click on @timmse avatar and choose Message :smiling_face:

Thanks for the login credentials!
Now I’m able to reproduce the issue and added it to the bug tracker :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

A pleasure to collaborate.

Have a nice day!

David.