SOLVED: 'Disable header/footer' on page not working

Bricks Version: 1.5.2.
Browser: Chrome 90 / Opera

Editing a page with bricks.
Page settings > General > Disable header → Works in editor but not in front end view. Same with footer.
Tested it with different browsers on different installations. Running 1.5.2. Regenerated all CSS files after Update.

Can someone confirm this bug or am I missing something?

Hi RB,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi RB,
We’ve fixed this bug in Bricks 1.5.4, now available as a one-click update within your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse

I am experiencing the same issue on 1.5.7

Hi Cyrus,
It works for me in Bricks 1.5.7 as well as in the current beta versions.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

This one is strange; I’ll play around and get back to you.

It works on all pages, with the exception of my checkout… I’ll figure it out…!
For now I’ll just set template conditions instead.

Thanks!

Hey,
If you deactivate the header and footer in the checkout template, it may not work because the checkout page (or template) may be loaded within your default page template. If you make the settings directly on the respective page, it works in my tests.

However, it is also very easy to exclude the header on page x or y (per condition).

Exactly as you say. tried directly on the page and it works just fine.

With regards to setting a condition, yes it is just as easy and fast, however, the condition also applies to the thankyou page, when you apply it to checkout.

Any way it is working directly on the page.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I know this is an old thread but I’m having the same problem.

I want to deactivate header and footer on the customer login page (woo)
The template is: Woocommerce - MyAccount - Login

– When I disable in the page settings it hides header and footer in the bricks builder but not on the frontend.
– When I exclude header and footer with conditions they are hidden on all my-account pages instead of only the login template.
– When I exclude them directly on the page they are also not showing on all the my-account pages.

I feel like I am missing something very simple.
Thanks in advance for any tipps …

Best, Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Welcome to the forum!

The woo account/login page is basically the same page, so unfortunately it’s not possible to hide the header & footer only before logging in.

However, you could (theoretically) make use of the body classes and hide/show the header and footer with CSS. The body classes contain a .logged-in class as soon as someone is logged in.

Check which ID your my-account page has and adjust the CSS accordingly:

.page-id-36 #brx-header,
.page-id-36 #brx-footer {
  display: none;
}

.page-id-36.logged-in #brx-header,
.page-id-36.logged-in #brx-footer {
  display: flex;
}

Hi timmse,

sorry for the late response.
I used the custom styles section for the template to implement this and it worked great.
So I’ve just hidden header + footer on the “Woocommerce - MyAccount - Login” template .

Thanks!