SOLVED: Database Errors when Cloning Bricks Install to a New Environment

Bricks Version: 1.5.4
Browser: Brave
Hosting: Wordify, AWS
URL: https://hydraulicresource2022.wordifysites.com/

Hi there!

My workflow involves setting up a template install so that I can clone it into a new environment with all the themes/plugins and desired settings for starting a new project.

Since 1.5.3, I’ve been having issues loading the frontend of the site, and periodically get database errors.

My hosting provider said it is due to too many database queries which is delaying the load time. It also is messing the ability to use bricks builder on pages/templates.

However, Bricks works just fine on my original template install. No errors, no performance issues.

Does it have to do with the way my hosting is cloning the environment? They can’t seem to solve it on their end, so they asked me to check with the theme developer.

Hi David,
Thanks for reaching out!

Maybe the issue is related to how Bricks stores URLs in the database. Please take a look at Noras and Omegas comments:

Please let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

I will try to do a migration vs cloning the install then. I asked my hosting how the cloning process works when it comes to the database.

Support from Wordify hosting said this:

“It looks like our firewall was getting a bit over excited. Your theme tries to do an inline by curling the google fonts json file at https://hydraulicresource2022.wordifysites.com/wp-content/themes/bricks/assets/fonts/google-fonts.min.json and our firewall saw it as a robot attack and was blocking the call. This caused your page load to timeout on a 30 second curl command.”

He said it shouldn’t happen again, but thought I’d at least provide an update.

1 Like

I disable Google fonts for this reason in Bricks setting. I notice high load times for unknown reasons with Google fonts with the way Bricks have it implemented.

Thanks for the update @daviddemastus!

So far, I have never had any problems with it @omega :thinking:
Can you give some technical details about the server/hoster where the problem occurs regularly?

@timmse It’s a common bug. Happens on 50% of Bricks installation for me. I have reported before also but I guess ignored. Others have also reported the same. Bricks & Local WP - #4 by shenom

1 Like

Even if it is a “common bug” from your point of view, I need concrete info under which circumstances I can reproduce it.

The problems you describe in the other thread with localwp I can not understand either, because with me on two systems (Windows / macOS) everything works without problems.

@timmse I don’t want to spend more time on this bug. I have already wasted hours on this in the past. I just disable Google fonts for now.

That’s always a good idea (especially in the EU) :muscle: