SOLVED: CSS Animation cannot be selectively removed from breakpoints

Bricks Version: 1.4
Browser: Firefox

If I apply a, let’s say, ‘Slide In’ animation on an element in desktop mode but in the mobile responsive mode I do not want it, so i enter the Mobile responsive mode and I click on the ‘x’ next to the animation name. But this acts as a global on/off switch which removes the animation from every break point, not just from mobile. Very surprising.

Could this be fixed in the next release? Because if the page is filled with these animations and you have to remove a bunch of them, not all, so selectively choosing them and custom coding to turn them off is a pain and a terrible UX decision.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @khan360

Not sure if it was you i replied to a similar post in FB but Bricks uses animate.css library for providing the basic animations we have at the moment. I am not sure if it is due to animate.css or how Bricks have integrated it but currently, this is not possible so not really a bug.

It was me who brought it back up in November last year:

There is an idea on the ideas board for motion effects that might be a little more usable:

Hi khan,
Michael is right. It’s not possible because you can’t add or remove classes depending on the breakpoint. You can theoretically reset the animations with custom CSS within a media query, but not within the builder.

Best regards,
timmse

Ok, thanks for the clarification guys.