SOLVED: Bricks 1.8 editor don't start (Racknerd hosting)

Browser: Edge
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue
Video: Short screen recording that illustrates this issue (free tools: birdeatsbug.com or jam.dev)

hello I’m trying to start the bricks 1.8 beta but the editor doesn’t work, it doesn’t seem to load the resource: /wp-content/themes/bricks/assets/js/main.min.js?ver=6.2
even on a completely new installation (I also tried installing via ftp)

UPDATE:
Server info:
Racknerd shared host
1GB memory
|Server info:|LiteSpeed|
|MySQL version:|8.0.32-cll-lve|
|PHP version:|7.4.33|
|PHP post max size:|32M|
|PHP execution time limit:|180|
|PHP max input vars:|1000|
|PHP safe mode:||
|PHP memory limit:|512M|
|PHP max upload file size:|120M|
|WP version:|6.2|
|WP language:|en_US|
|WP memory limit:|512MB|

Server and browser cache cleared, no cache plugins

It works for me and the others, so the fault must be yours, so you should provide some more information otherwise nobody will be able to help you.

Tell something about your server, caching active? Which plugins are installed, do you work with Cloudflare or similar and so on…

1 Like

Hi, you’re right updated the post

I have Racknerd hosting too and get the same error as you.
As of 1.8 beta cPanelGuard (antivirus) flags main.min.js as a virus (check cPguard - Virus scanner - scanner logs). It took me about 2 days to figure this out :slight_smile:
I’ve flagged it as false positive , so I assume cPguard will unblock it in the future.
You need to contact Racknerd , submit a ticket and explain them with screenshots to whitelist the file.
Tried a couple of hostings and only Racknerd has this problem (because of cPguard)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Jak93 Were you able to resolve this issue with the details @gokki provided?

@gokki Great findings. Thank you so much for sharing and helping a fellow user out :ok_hand:
I am curious: Did Racknerd provide any details as to why they flagged the main.min.js file as a virus?

2 Likes

Hi, yes… thanks a lot

Always glad to help. Unfortunately no, Racknerd didn’t provide any details. But I will send them an email for the additional info. Also I will send an email to Opshield (makers of cPGuard). Ill post here if I get any info. @thomas

1 Like