SOLVED: Border showing on mobile while set to 0 width

Browser: Chrome inspector / Safari iOS

I have a div, with a left border (0 0 0 1) on desktop up to mobile landscape.
On mobile, the border is set to 0.

This used to work, but to my surprise I just checked the site on mobile - and all of a sudden the border is showing up.

Now this was my first build with bricks - so it’s not in a class :unamused:

To solve it, I need to set a transparant border ( 0, 0, 0, 0 - solid - transparent) on mobile - then it hides it. Which is a bit odd, since the media query shows the border should not be visible.

Added a video to show it.

Hmmm… Adding to that.
When I do set it as a class - the border still shows up.

I must set it on the id level.

Hi Michael,
You are currently applying the border twice: on the ID and on the .noborder-mobile class.
If you remove the border from the ID completely it works as expected, since the ID is always overriding the class.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Stefan,

Thanks, but that class was created after the video I added.

I know since all my sliders suddenly have a border on mobile as well.

I’ll recreate it when I get back at my pc.

Here you go, this used to work - since I created the site like this.
But now I must add border - solid to make it work.

Added a second video showing than when I try to do it by class - the border just remains visible.

After that it dawned on me that the border on the ID level is more specifc.
Creating a class with the border set on desktop AND mobile - then it works as expected.
So that part is true. - But the first part remains. Setting it - at ID level to 0, used to work and now doesn’t without adding border style & color.

Ok, now I understood :smiley:

We set the “default” (style » default) value in 1.7 from “solid” to “none”, so I thought that’s where the problem comes from. But it doesn’t.

Apparently, the media query is only generated when a border style is selected, which of course is not correct.

1 Like

Hi Michael,
The issue should have been fixed in Bricks 1.7.1, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Best regards,
timmse