SOLVED: Adding multiple copies of the same template into a page breaks the template structure - repeatable

Browser: Chrome 112.0.5615.140
URL: Image Groups Test - Sophie Hart Photography the last two sections should be the same 3-column nav boxes
Video: Dropbox - Brick multiple templates in one page issue.mp4 - Simplify your life

If I’ve saved a section as a template, and I add it to a page which doesn’t already have a version of that template there…it adds fine.,

If I try to then add a second version of the saved template, or if I try to add a saved template onto a page which already has a “template module” uneditable version of the same template in the page, the added template breaks its layout and all sorts of weird things happen to it. Divs from the columns appear in the structure as top level sections. other divs disappear and reappear when you move things around. Builder changes don’t reflect on the front end.

It’s repeatable, and it seems to only affect pages where the same template has already been used, though there might be another reason, I don’t know. It does this for some saved templates, not others, seemingly randomly. I can’t find a pattern.

Hopefully it’s just me doing something wrong, but I hope you can help. Thanks in advance!

Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for your report!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue. Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase? I need to take a closer look to see what’s going on there.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Lee,
Thanks so much for the login credentials!

There was something wrong with the first column div, so I decided to remove and rebuild it and the problem seem to be gone. Can you confirm that?

Thanks very much, yeah that seems to be fixed now. Was it something I’ve done? I’m just keen to not replicate it, or know how to fix it if I see it again.

Cheers
Lee

I honestly have no idea. Possibly it was related to the ID of the element, but unfortunately I can’t say anything concrete. Keep an eye on it and let me know if it happens again. Then I’ll have one of our developers look at it as well, maybe they’ll have an idea.

Hi @timmse ,

after the 1.8 update, I have exactly the same issue on several different websites (totally unrelated to each other; they were built by different people and even use different Bricks licenses).

If a template block is added to a page twice, the template design just breaks (looks like the CSS is not being loaded in the frontend. It looks fine in the builder).

Video:
https://video.screensnap.de/conversations/45ea2e45-0075-53e9-a4c9-f07b6d7e38d4

Hi Niko,
Do you use inline styles on all sites?

Also, within the template, on at least one element, a combination of styles on the ID, and a class? For example, a block has some settings on the ID, but also a class attached to it with some styles.

If yes, the problem is known and will be fixed in the next version. If not, please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase.

Hi @timmse, thank you! Yes, CSS was loaded inline, and all styling was done via classes (nothing on ID level).

Changing the loading method to “External” has solved the issue for now :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, thanks! Please test again with the soon-to-be-released Bricks 1.8.1 and inline styles and let me know, if there are still issues.