SOLVED: ACF repeater loops not working inside post loop

Bricks Version: 1.4

The ACF repeater fields, if they are inside posts won’t show up if they’re used inside of a post loop.

Eg scenario to replicate.

• Setup an ACF repeater field, with a few sub fields and apply to all posts.
  • Have a few posts on the site, and populate each post with the ACF repeater fields and subfields.
  • Create a new page, edit with bricks and use a container and element and set a query loop to pull up the posts.
  • Notice you can add in post title etc without issue, but you can’t then set up another container inside of the post with another query loop to get the ACF repeater field data. It won’t fetch the data from the posts.

edit - it’s actually trying to get the ACF repeater fields from the current page being viewed, instead of knowing that it’s inside of a post loop and should be getting the data from the post.

See image below for what isn’t working. The ACF repeater fields inside of a post.

1 Like

Hi David,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

Hello @wplit

This fix will be part of the Bricks 1.4.1 release.

1 Like

@luistinygod You mean 1.4.0.1? So it should work? I try it, but dont work.
I wondered, because Thomas talked about 1.5. in a few days :sweat_smile:

Just to ask, enabling the loop query for the parent container and the inner container at the same time, what is the use case?

There are ACF (e.g. lists) which are output via loop.
For example, for self-created archive pages with output of the individual list items per post element.

The fix to this issue will be shipped with Bricks 1.5. Stay tuned!

Thank you.

1 Like

I have also this problem with the JetEngine repeater.

1 Like