SOLVED: ACF fields cannot be rendered in v1-8-beta2

Browser: Chrome 110
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue
Video: Short screen recording that illustrates this issue (free tools: birdeatsbug.com or jam.dev)

I created an ACF Repeater field with a text field whose default value is a global field. Then I get this ACF Repeater field with Query Loop in the builder, I use a Button to display the above text field, it does not display normally in v1-8-beta2, it is normal in v1-8-beta, please check to fix this, thank you!

WX20230518-102857@2x

WX20230518-102943@2x

Hi

My acf repeaters are working without any issues in v1.8 beta2.

But I don’t use default values.

Cheers

Patric

Hi @wildworm ,

Could you please provide more details on your setup?
It would be best if you could provide screenshots of the ACF fields, and your Bricks structure set up so I could replicate it and check if it’s a bug.

Regards,
Jenn

Thank you for your replies, @Patric @itchycode

In fact, it is very common, the default value of a text field of mine is set to a global ACF field, and it does not display properly on the latest version.

Hi @wildworm ,

Thanks for the screenshot.

However, I am not able to know where the Product Button Text field is located, and also need to know how you setup the Header Button Text field.

===================
I tried to simulate your scenario with my imagination.

I create a Global Button Text in a setting page (Metabox)
And set the value as “Jenn Button”

Then create an ACF repeater field on the Testimonial post type. Inside the repeater, Comment Button Text field default value is {mb_mb-site-settings_global_button_text}

Now, when I create a new Testimonial post and add a new row for comments, I can see the {mb_mb-site-settings_global_button_text} added by default

Result

===================

If this is not your case, please kindly send your website admin credentials to help@bricksbuilder.io
Kindly include this forum thread URL as a reference as well.

Regards,
Jenn

Hi @itchycode ,

Thanks for your patient reply.

Yes, you understood it exactly, the only difference is that I am using ACF Pro, not Metabox. In v1-8-beta, it also works fine, but it doesn’t work after upgrading to v1-8-beta2.

Regards,
Wildworm

Hi @wildworm ,

To provide an accurate answer, it is important for me to have specific details about your setup. Without these details, it becomes challenging for me to offer effective help.

Regarding the ACF Header Button Text field, I would appreciate it if you could let me know how it was created. Is it a post-type field or something else?

As mentioned before, please feel free to share your admin credentials with us via email to fasten the replication process.

Regards,
Jenn

Hi @itchycode ,

I wonder if you use ACF Pro, isn’t it Metabox?

My Repeater field belongs to a page that contains a text field {acf_product_button_text}, the default value of this text field is {acf_global_button_text}, and {acf_global_button_text} is a global field that is defined in the Option Page.

I think it’s already clear, if it’s still unclear, I can try to record a video.

Regards,
wildworm

Hi @wildworm ,

Yes, I used the ACF repeater field + Metabox options page value in my above example.
But this will not affect the final result as well.

I just created a new ACF options page as per your scenario.

I changed my Testimonial repeater field’s default value as {acf_global_button_text}

I am still able to get my value as expected in 1.8beta-2

Unable to replicate the issue as mentioned in your post, sorry.
Please kindly send your admin credentials to our email so I could check.
Thanks.

Regards,
Jenn

Dear @itchycode ,

My website admin account has send to “help@bricksbuilder.io”, please check, thank you!

Regards,
wildworm

1 Like

Hi guys,

We’ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta 3, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Hi @timmse ,

It works! Thanks!

Best regards!
wildworm