Single-post Template for one category

I currently have a template for my posts (single-post). I would like to create a custom template for a specific category. Is that possible? So single-post-category-x.

I think you can not do this for single categories, right?

(Post-Type is known to me. But I would like to do it without new post-type. That brings too many problems).

I believe this is not possible for a single post. Atleast I couldn’t find it. Would indeed be nice to have a other single-template for category X and yet another for category Y. However I think they are afraid of what template needs to be used when a post is attached to both categories. Then again I would say that there a ways to determine which should be used…

You can do that but you have to adjust on the conditions and there select which terms will be apply for that specific template

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first place I would look for it, but that seems to work. Thanks!

It might be logical, but in my head it’s weird you have two places to manage “single posts”
Is there some place that I can see all the ways the conditional works?

Because if i check this page: https://academy.bricksbuilder.io/article/template-settings/
it says the following: * Terms (term archive pages)
Which wouldn’t let me think this should be used to change single-post template

1 Like

Not sure, but on that conditions part I think you can manage to be able to select the type of template you already have selected when you created it, but more accurately among the choices. :+1::smiley:

Aah wow, I totally have misjudged the whole functionallity. I totally forgot that you choose the real template type when creating the template. So all the conditions afterwards are conditions for properties that belong to the “single post” am I right?

I’ve been thinking the conditions set the type of template, but this is ofcoure totally false!

1 Like

Yeah :joy::+1::smiley: That’s it