Resolved: YouTube Video in Lightbox

HI All,

I’m trying to figure out how to load a external video(such as YouTube) into a lightbox or model that I can open via a link. I have the Video URL in an ACF field which I can embed into the Lightbox Video option…

but it doesn’t appear to work correctly on the front end.

And when I actually click on it, it gives an error

Any direction on this? Not sure if this is a bug or if I’m just doing something wrong.

Thanks…

Hey! I’m no expert but my guess is your acf field is embedding the whole iframe in the url field. Maybe double check your acf settings to make sure that field is only a basic text field.

Interesting, I added a 2nd field as txt and pasted the URL there, and it works. Thanks. My original field was a oembed, so I wasn’t aware it took a different input type for it to work.

For future searcher:
If it was me, I would also have checked to see if my embeds were not disabled in settings:

Yea, they were not as it was working with the oembed, I just wanted to switch it to viewing it as a link from the grid view and open it up in a lightbox vs. loading a single page and having the oembed there.

Thanks again.

Great idea. I’m glad it worked. Custom fields… amIright?!

Absolutely.

1 Like

Hi to everyone. How did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem with the Youtube link. Many thanks for considering my request.

The field that contains the URL must be a text field and not a oembed field for lightbox use. I’ve kind of done this an ugly way currently, but you can just create 2 fields if you want to display the video embedded and in a lightbox at the same time maybe in different locations.