Query loop - order by custom field in taxonomy

Bricks Version: 1.5
Browser: Safari and Chrome
URL: local

Hello everyone,

Your help is much appreciated!

Situation: Several CPT’s with custom taxonomies. Added custom field to taxonomy ‘Corporate position’. I would like to order the CPT (team members) according to the custom value in this taxonomy.

Example: (Sort automatically)

1. Chairman
  2. Treasurer
  3. Secretary
  4. General board member

Issue: selecting this custom field doesn’t output anything (also not in a plain textfield). Also, I tried using shortcodes, different dynamic values, etc. But non of them produce anything. After to much efforts, my Query Loop stopped working entirely. :disappointed_relieved:

Any suggestions on how you would approach this?

Hope anybody can help! :pray:t3:

2 Likes

@PB86nl I think I am having the exact same problem, but using Metabox for my fields. If I try to order the query results by “Meta Value” anything I put into that fields breaks my query and everything stops showing.

1 Like

@duckjerkdan - I read your post and it really looks very similar. I’m using JetEngine (for the first time) and ACF. Now I’m just sorting items by manually altering the publication date, but I would like a more intuitive way.

What is your work-around?

@thomas - can you confirm that this is a bug? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I, too, am having trouble sorting terms in the taxonomy by custom field. I hope the developers will add this feature. When working with post types it is possible and sorting works there without any problems.

1 Like