Problem on my single page with PODS custom fields

Hello:
I’m new to using BRICKS and as much as I read the forum and the documentation and watch the video tutorials, I can’t find what I’ve done wrong.

I created a custom post type with PODS for a document download item that will be on the website I’m working on.

To display all of these posts, I introduced a Post module on a page named “Documentos”. Through a query, I assigned the desired content (that of my CPT “descargas”; image 0bis_Post_Module).

Later I set out to create the single page to show the content of each of those downloads and, in addition, my custom fields (publisher, author of the book or document, number of pages, date of publication and, also, the link of the download).

When creating the template, I chose the single page option before publishing and building with bricks (Image 0: Template type).

The conditions of the template are: Post types, the mode of post-types (“descargas”) and in filling content, I chose the name of my CPT.

I was adding content to my template: Featured image, post title, text, meta-data and, in addition, my custom fields bringing their dynamic content as seen in the image 1_single_page_view.jpg.

I was surprised that, although the featured image, metadata, post title and text are seen by their contents in the template editor, the custom fields are displayed by the rich text editor codes.

The case, and here comes the problem, is that when I test the “Documentos” page and click on the link to see how the single page of my template looks, the only thing that is shown is the text of the post: there is no title, no there is no featured image or metadata and of course none of my CPTs appear (image 5: Only post text.

Please can someone guide me on what I need to do to make this work?

Thank you very much

Well, after four days of repeating and repeating the procedures, on the fifth –finally– it started to work.
I don’t think I have done anything different compared to the previous times. But the difference is that now it works and perfectly links my single page of Downloads with the archive page of all downloads.

There is also Pods 2.9 Beta 2 available. It supports repeatable fields. Take a look. Releases · pods-framework/pods (github.com)

1 Like