Prevent theme auto updates

I can’t find a setting to switch on/off the Bricks themes auto updates. Is that option available somewhere? Thanks

Hi Macky,
Theme auto-updates are disabled by default in WordPress as far as I know, unless you enable them inside of the Template Modal (Appearance Theme Details):

You can also take a look at Tools » Site Health » Info » Active Theme if Auto Updates are enabled or not.

In the case of Bricks beta versions, like currently 1.8 beta, you don’t have the possibility to enable auto-updates.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hey Timmse, thanks for the swift reply. For some reason I dont have the option to enable auto-updates…

I’ve checked site info and it says auto updates are disabled (which is what I want) so I’ll leave this for now.

I dont have the option under theme details either.
There is currently a bug in the newest release for me, but downgrading to the last release, it will have auto-update so im back on the newest again within hours…

Hi
I have also the same issue in version 1.9.5, please see the attached image.

According to my experience, the link to activate auto-updates only appears if there is a newer Bricks version available. Once you activate the auto-updates and the update has taken place, you don’t have access to that setting anymore. I would consider this a bug, but it has been like this for quite some time now.

I have reported this to the developers here: WIP: Settings for auto-updates for Bricks theme not available

1 Like

For those that don’t even see the possibility to enable or disable auto updates, it’s likely because auto updating has been disabled site-wide at the WordPress platform level. I do this on my client sites and maintain updates via MainWP for example. In the UI, it means that auto updates isn’t a feature that can be enabled.

See this: A Deep Dive Into WordPress Automatic Updates

define(AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED,true)

Since the option is missing just for the Bricks theme (not for any other theme), this configuration setting is probably not the reason for the issue we are discussing here.