SOLVED: Noticeable Builder Lag Using ACSS

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Chrome 107.0.5304.122
URL: n/a

Hello,

I purchased the latest version of ACSS (2.1.3.1) for use with Bricks. When I start adding classes and duplicating grids etc… there is a notable lag in the builder. It almost makes Bricks unusable.

Is this a known bug? if so is it being fixed or what can I do about it?

Thanks.

3 Likes

This helps:

• Use Chrome
  • and if you have a lag just refresh your page. And it should be gone. If it comes back refresh again.

Thanks for your response but I am using Chrome and I did notice refreshing makes it go away for a small amount of time but then comes back. It just ruins my workflow and if I’m paying for a product I find this unacceptable but I guess I should contact Kevin instead of Bricks as it’s not up to Thomas to support any plugin. I will get a refund if it’s not fixed.

Thanks.

1 Like

At my end the lag is very unnoticeable and comes only on very big pages with a lot of queries, divs etc.
If I refresh it is gone a long time. It does not really destroy my workflow.

But I heard that 1.6 Beta is better. But I haven’t tested it yet.

That’s odd… I just have a 3 column 2 row grid with one text element inside so I can practice using acss as a beginner. And it just lags, especially when duplicating the divs, then clicking on the input to add a class is just laggy.

Such a shame as acss looks like a great product and very useful but I cannot stomach the lag. I hope 1.6 beta is better I have not tested it either.

That sounds like it is not normal.

For what you are describing there should be no lag. I only have this on big pages and refreshing solves the lag if it happens.

Have you tried the inkognito mode with Chrome?

@Tobias had some good tips. You can try Vivaldi (Browser) with no extensions. That’s what I do. I develop in Vivaldi and have the preview in Chrome on a different monitor. Also the Hosting is important. I host all sites (and most of former customers) at All-Inkl, Premium Plus Package. Their servers are very fast. As Tobias I have no lag in Bricks/ACSS during development.

2 Likes

@lego2020 Thanks for mentioning Vivaldi. After reading their standpoint about crypto I immediately downloaded it. :grinning:

Thanks using Bricks in incognito mode has helped a lot. Getting slight lag but not bad enough to cause issue and once I refresh I can go for a long time with no lag so it’s made using acss in Bricks much more useable.

Appreciate the help!

1 Like

I have the same issue with Bricks 1.5.7 and Automaticcss, it’s very annoying!!

Details I am interested in knowing here is where the site editing is being performed?

Is this on some localhost or over the internet? If over the internet, is caching turned on?

Thanks

I am using a localhost to practice.

Ok, which local server? The default for the OS? Flywheel Local? MAMP? Something else?
What OS? Version numbers of OS, Server software?
What other plugins are you using for Wordpress?
What configuration of computer hardware?
Is the internet live and available during your work? What kind of connection?

If you provide details, it’s easier to look at the question and give better answers.

Looks like there is some memory issue somewhere.

Refferences the same:

Automatic CSS users notice the same lag times and high memory usage when using ACSS within Bricks.

I have to say it does feel like a memory leak, because it only happens as time goes on and then refreshing seems to fix it for a while before it starts to lag again.

1 Like

Have updated my computer. i7 9750H, 64 GB RAM and i use Chromium as a Browser now. So far no bigger problem with lagging. On my old computer from 2011 Bricks and ACSS was really not usable.

funny. feature requests is unmainted and we shouldnt expect answers there. now this is reported in bugs, also with no answers :smiley:
and yes, the lag is still real and massive

Indeed, the more complex the page, the slower the builder. Are developers aware of this?

1 Like

I have the problem on PC but not if I use Chrome on my Macbook.

Instead of permanently writing negative posts in this forum, you should spend your time and energy on making the errors you complain about reproducible, recording videos and taking screenshots. I am very sure that this would contribute much more to fixing bugs in a timely manner than constantly complaining about the supposed ignorance of the developers.

5 Likes