NO BUG: WooCommerce Product Filters + Loop Builder Do Not Work

Browser: Chrome 110 / Safari / Firefox

Hello! On a product archive template, using the Query Loop feature, I am using the Product Filter element in a different column compared to the grid that I’m outputting the products in.

For some reason, no product filters work at all. The page reloads, the URL updates with the correct query strings, but nothing happens.

For some odd reason, only the ‘pill/chips’ - type filters work SOMETIMES, for no discernable reason, and even then, empty terms are being shown and cannot be hidden.

I can provide the link in a private message

works fine here.

Test site: Shop – Bricks Playground

One difference from your setup is that I am not using a template for the products archive. Instead, just using the Shop Page that gets auto-created when WooCommerce is activated.

Hi Apex,
Thanks so much for your report!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue either. Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Best regards,
timmse

Hello @timmse ! Thank you for your help. Sending login details as we speak.

The problem occurs especially when marking the query loop as main query (Is Main Query Loop? setting)

More details in the email

Thanks for the access data! We took a look at your setup and your templates:

1. I deleted the bricks content of your shop page and gave your archive template an additional condition instead to apply it to the shop page. This makes it a bit easier to maintain.

2. if you use fibosearch, your search results template is not used. This is because fibosearch uses the post_type=product parameter in the URL, so the woo product archive template is used instead (this would also be the case with any other theme). Alternatively, you could exclude the product archive template from the search results with an exclude condition so that the search results template is used.

3. within your product archive you should also activate “is main query”, then the filters will work as they should. At least we have not experienced any problems.

4. “The filters do not respond to the current query” - this is true, but this is how the filter currently works. I have already answered this question today: SOLVED: Price filter doesn't work in Firefox - #9 by timmse
    You can find additional information here: NO BUG: Product Filter by Category not working when selected from Child Category - #5 by itchycode

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I will wait for the native filtering update. Will that address these issues?

i’m having a similar issue with an alternative search plugin - Woocommerce Search Engine - which also outputs results with a url param &post_type=product

how can i apply my Bricks search or archive template to the url containing the param above?

the reason is that the 3rd party search engine yields more complete results.