NO BUG: Spam of Headings using Native Sliders

Browser: Chrome 110

who recently began designing a website for a client, took into account a level of SEO that some HTML tags (headings) were repeating. When I realized this, I looked at other websites where I have implemented the “native slider” of bricks and I saw that I had the same problem.

• In the example that I share in this slider there are only 2 elements inside the slider, however these are repeated at least 3 times each.

bricks2

The use of sliders is very useful to add carousels, news, elements that go along a path, etc. However, this problem affects SEO and could even be misinterpreted by search engines as spam. Although, visibly this is not noticeable if at the SEO level and perhaps I code when loading the content more than once (I’m not sure about last one).

Thank you

if it’s repeating more times than there are slides, It’s likely because you have ‘loop’ mode set on the slider, which means it’s creating multiple versions of the slides to create the infinite looping effect.

Setting the slider back to ‘slide’ will remove the clone slides.

1 Like

Hi Gustavo,
Thanks so much for your report!

As David said, these are slide duplicates to loop the slider endlessly. Instead of the slider you can use the carousel or the nestable slider. Both offer options to disable the loop so that no duplicates are created.

Best regards,
timmse

Yes I thought so but I thought there would be a way to use that function without having to limit myself to options like not using “loop”. I appreciate your time and response.

I understand that it duplicates the elements, however, is that not considered a bug? (serious question).
I use the slider since it is an option that allows me to create a carousel of any element, news, buttons, etc. which I find very practical.

The carousel widget is very limited unlike the use of “sliders” in addition to using it on another website and that carousel sometimes “disappear” some elements.

I guess for now I’ll do what wplit suggested even if I have to limit myself to not using functions.

Thanks Timmse

1 Like

It’s a feature of both Splide and Swiper libraries that have the looping effect. The only carousel library I know of that doesn’t clone to create infinite slides, is Flickity. It instead moves the slides quickly to the start of the line again when they reach the end, instead of cloning. But that library has it’s own limitations in other areas. They have to be absolutely positioned, which can cause other problems.

It’ll be a none issue SEO-wise. There are millions of websites using Swiper, for eg, which clones the slides. It’s very common. It’s not something that the Bricks team could change.

1 Like