NO BUG: Read more option of rich text element not working

Browser: Chrome / Edge / Firefox
Link/example: Acipenser stellatus – FinSane Fishing – Seashore Angling

I have rich text elements structured under a container. Some rich text elements have dynamic data, others just typed in text. Via Content the ‘words limit’ = 40 and ‘read more’ = “… > Read more…” I expected that when viewing the page in a browser, clicking on the ‘read more’ would show the rest of the text, but it doesn’t, in all cases. I’ve tried putting the elements elsewhere in the template, same result. Idea’s anyone? Many thanks.

PS: Is this topic of Nov’21 still relevant?
[Read more tag in rich text element - Miscellaneous - Bricks Community Forum (bricksbuilder.io)]
If so, I can’t use the <details><summary>read more</summary><p>add your remaining text</p></details> because of the dynamic data used in some effected elements.

Hi Stef,
Thanks so much for your report!

I think you misunderstand what the two settings do. Here is the idea: https://bricksbuilder.io/ideas/#7055

It is simply a matter of shortening the text that the rich or basic text element contains and appending a text. That’s it. It does not serve as “a kind of accordion” and therefore it is not a bug.

To go the “manual” way using the <details> tag, you would have to split your dynamic text into two parts beforehand. Unfortunately, I don’t see any other possibility.

Best regards,
timmse

Thank you very much for your response Timmse, I appreciate it. Take care!