NO BUG: "product price element" does not change price on variable products - Both "Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce" and "Better Variation Price for Woocommerce" are not working

Browser: Chrome 110
URL: lumiar.ro
Video:
1- https://www.loom.com/share/784e66e399c04cbdb40deb44bafcd011
2- https://www.loom.com/share/aa9f880227074dc4a247c0197fbb70f8

Both plugins help changing price on variable products to only shows variation price.
“product price element” does not work with these two plugins price on variable products does not change (video 1)

Using default single product page (so no briks widget or element involved), price range changes (video 2)

Hi @DinWeb ,

Thanks for the screen recording.
Please may I know did you place the do_action DD on your single product template?
Can you try if it solves your issue?

Regards,
Jenn

Hi Itchycode

Thank you for you answer.
It is not workinng… im I doing something wrong?
I’m using the woocommerce_single_product_summary do_action.

Price on cart element is changing, but not the one on “meta element” nor on “price element”

1 Like

I can also confirm that using the do_action does not work to solve this problem.

Hi @DinWeb ,

Yes, I can replicate the issue when using " Better Variation Price for Woocommerce" plugin.
Already recorded into the bug tracker.

If you are using " Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce", you could make it works by adding .product in Product Wrapper Class setting as a workaround

Hi itchycode

Thank you for answer.
In my website is not working.
With your setting, the single product page (that uses “product price element” widget) is not changing price based on variation. It just shows the price of the chapest variation.

I made a video explaining difference between this two solutions

As I said. Two plugins that have same effects, work with woocommerce defaul single product page but not with briks made template.

Thank you!!!

Hi @DinWeb ,

Thanks for the video.
Once I added .product class in the Product Wrapper Class field of Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce Settings page, the Product Price element is working well.

My quick demo:

Hi itchycode

Yes! It is working!
Thank you so much for your time, patience, kindness and expertize!

For people that will face same issue in the future:
1- use plugin “Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce”
2- It looks like you can use all settings variations for this plug-in (minimum/max price - minimum to max and all the possible variation with switches)
3- Use bricks “product price element” and NOT “product meta element” with {woo_product_price} field. Even using do_action it is not working
4- add .product class on plugin “product wrapper class” field

1 Like

Hi itchycode
Yes! It is working!
Thank you so much for your time, patience, kindness and expertize!
For people that will face same issue in the future:
1- use plugin “Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce”
2- It looks like you can use all settings variations for this plug-in (minimum/max price - minimum to max and all the possible variation with switches)
3- Use bricks “product price element” and NOT “product meta element” with {woo_product_price} field. Even using do_action it is not working
4- add .product class on plugin “product wrapper class” field

I am having a similar issue with the WooCommerce MSRP plugin. I contacted the support and they said:

“I think the issue you have on your site is that the first MSRP block isn’t being shown. It looks like your product is being built up with a custom builder and perhaps isn’t firing the relevant woocommerce hook (woocommerce_single_product_summary) that the MSRP plugin would normally use to output that block.”.

I added a basic text field and used this dynamic data {do_action:woocommerce_single_product_summary} but it also did not work.

Hi touchdowntech
I never used WooCommerce MSRP plugin. I assume yu are also using “Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce” and that your problem is related with “variation” type products.

In my case
1- the do_action hook did not work
2- using a text field with dinamyc content did not work.
3- using Bricks “product meta element” with {woo_product_price} field did not work

Try to:
1- Use bricks “product price element”
2- add .product class on plugin “product wrapper class” field (as per image I uploaded)

wish you the best!

Hey DinWeb,
Thanks for commenting. I’m not using the “Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce” plugin. I tried adding the .product class to the Bricks add to cart element and the product price element but nothing worked.

Hi @DinWeb ,

Since 1.8.1, .product class does not need to add in the setting manually in order to make it work. ( Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce)

However, Better Variation Price for Woocommerce is not able to make it compatible with Bricks as their JavaScript was hardcoded to find certain CSS class in single product page. The plugin wasn’t updated 1 year ago. Suggest you stick with Variation Price Display Range for WooCommerce
(Only works if you add summary CSS class on a div that wrapping the price element)

This is the Better Variation Price for Woocommerce plugin JS code

I will make this thread as NO BUG now.

@touchdowntech
Sorry for no response since May as I missed this out. May I know what plugin is not working or if the issue has been resolved? Thanks.

Regards,
Jenn