NO BUG: Problem with Link Text element

Hello,

I need many links on a page with different price tables (self made) and use the Text Link element to create the links.

Once the number of Text Link elements exceeds about 20 to 25, the editor loads the elements very slowly. Also, not all links are displayed and sometimes even the footer template is not displayed.

If I use the Basic Text element to create the links, there is no slow loading and everything displays fine.

This happens only in the editor, on the frontend everything works as expected.

The Icon element has the same problem.

You can try this as follows:

1. Create a blank page
  2. Put a Section and a Container on the page and fill the container with more than 25 Text Link elements or Icons.

I did this in a freshly installed website with only Bricks installed. I tested with version 1.9.4 and 1.9.5 and with Firefox and Chrome.

Sincerely, Peter.

Hi Peter,
Thanks so much for your report!

Elements rendered via the PHP render function always take longer due to the required AJAX call to generate the HTML. This is the case for text links, icons, and some other elements, so actually, it isn’t a bug.

However, we’ll add an improvement in Bricks 1.9.6 that will probably have some impact on this and make things a bit faster. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :rocket:

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Timmse,

Thanks for the reply.

I now use the Icon List element and that works good. To style there is some custom css needed, but I recommend this element.

Regards, Peter.