NO BUG: New Mailchimp API key not recognised

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Safari
URL: https://www.wortprofis.de

I copied the Bricks Builder preferences of one website to another website, including the Mailchimp API key. For some reason Bricks Builder does not recognise the new, updated Mailchimp key. The “Mailchimp” section of the “Form” element still offers the lists of the “old” Mailchimp account.

I already deleted the cache, waited another day and deleted the element, but Bricks Builder still offers me the “old” Mailchimp lists.

Any idea, what I could try next?

Best,
Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for your report!

Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Best regards,
timmse

Hi Chris,
The issue was related to your caching plugin. I’ve excluded /?bricks=run from caching, removed the Mailchimp API key, saved and added it again: it works :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

Hey. What do I miss here:

I’ve signed up for MailChimpp account, created an audience “List” I guess then the API key in Bricks settings yet in the form later on the Mailchimp tab doesn’t pull in the Audience the list and group… Any suggestions?

Thank you!

PS: Bricks is the greatest thing that happened to WordPerss since WordPress

Hi @etobic ,

Kindly re-save the settings again to get the latest list from Mailchimp.

Regards,
Jenn

Hi, and thank you for the prompt reply. It works, partially. I see the list (Audience) now but no group (the only group I did in MailChip is a segment, I guess that’s not it…) and then I have no name and surname in the form, only email. Maybe that’s the problem why it still doesn’t work?

At this point: I have the group, resaved the AIP key but still no success…

I see… it cannot be both Email and Mailchimp… only one…

Hi Kamil,

If the Email action causes the form to stop working, it could be related to your WordPress email configuration.
Maybe try setup SMTP and it should be solved.

Regards,
Jenn

1 Like

i have the same problem, no list, no groups. latest bricks. any ide how to solve this?

in action i have just maichimp
in mailchimp opt-in, no list and group, selected name and email.

Hi Michal,
Please re-save the Bricks settings and see if it resolves the issue.

Hi, mailchimp integration is not working since months im afraid. Can you please take a look?

Thank you very much!

Hi @noobato , as far as I know we have no further reports on this, so I assume that it works. I can’t give you a general answer as to what is causing issues in your case. What is the problem exactly?

Tested and It works if:

1. You remove the “mail” action and keep only mailchimp
  2. You need to turn on double opt-in, if not it won’t work

For the rest no problem on adding the API and the list was showing correctly.

Hello, are you going to fix this issue soon? We need to be able to use mailchimp with also other actions some times. Let me know, thanks!

Hi @aryanshirani ,

We missed your reply on 11 April.

If Mailchimp only works once mail action is removed, this means your website email configuration is not right and triggers an error.

Regarding the double opt-in setting, please refer to Mailchimp documentation.

It shouldn’t be a Bricks issue.

Kindly create a new thread if your issue persists since this is not related to the API key issue, and it will be easier for us to track if your issue is a bug from Bricks after investigation.

Regards,
Jenn

As of September 2024, using Bricks 1.10.3, it is still not displaying the Groups in the builder. The groups are correctly being pulled when you hit Save in the Bricks > Settings > API keys section into the bricks_mailchimp_lists option field, but they don’t show up in the backend.

They are probably supposed to load asynchronously, looking at the source code of form.php:

'options'     => [], // Populate in builder via 'mailchimpList' (PanelControl.vue)

So what I did was to add a bricks/elements/form/controls filter that populates the options from the database. Using this filter will populate the Groups and they will be used when sending a subscription request to MailChimp.

add_filter('bricks/elements/form/controls', function($controls) {
	if (isset($controls['mailchimpGroups']) && isset($controls['mailchimpGroups']['options']) && is_array($controls['mailchimpGroups']['options']) && empty($controls['mailchimpGroups']['options'])) {
		$mailchimp_groups = [];
		foreach (Bricks\Integrations\Form\Actions\Mailchimp::get_list_options() as $list) {
			if (isset($list['groups']) && is_array($list['groups']) && !empty($list['groups'])) {
				$mailchimp_groups += $list['groups'];
			}
		}

$controls['mailchimpGroups']['options'] = $mailchimp_groups;
	}

return $controls;
});