NO BUG: Largest Contentful Paint element load delay

Hi,
I’m currently in the process of optimising my website (biwou.com) and I have this weird issue where I’ll sometimes get 98 in performance and sometimes get 80. This is in the LCP.

I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but it seems pretty weird to me…

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi Fred,
This is definitely not a bug. The only thing that can lead to this is the animation or positioning of the elements (partly absolute). Have you tried to remove the animation or change the positioning?

Thanks for your reply,
I tried a number of different things, but it just keeps giving me extremely varied performance result, I don’t understand how it can go from 83 to 98 then back down to 86. I’ll check the animations and try it out that way, is there a way of easily disabling the animations?

Thanks, Fred

Hello? did you find any solution? I have the same problem and I noticed that the background from the hero container is the one causing this delay, if I remove the image I get a green score.

Regards.

Also looking for any insight on this issue.

I have been experiencing this LCP issue with the brick builder related to the elements in the first fold of the site such as text and image.
What really catches my attention is that after going through a series of optimization criteria, I continue to have this problem, and the issue of variation is also a fact, this can even be presented on the official Bricks Builder page itself:

https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis/https-bricksbuilder-io/tnumx9h7st?form_factor=mobile

Ranges from 72 - 86 for me.

I have a website that follows the following checklist to optimize LCP:

• Installed Local Fonts.
  • I added the rendered image size to wordpress through the child theme.
  • Remove lazy loading from the first image using the loading:eager attribute.
  • I added preloading in the first image.

Basically this is a step-by-step guide that I have always used to have a good LCP, but in bricks I only managed to get a variation of 76 - 88 points on the cell phone, which is the biggest problem with the LCP.

I truly believe there must be some problem with the theme.

Im also experiencing this issue as well!

Same here! Really large LCP for a H1 element!?