NO BUG: Icon (svg) ignoring class set size, using 'inherit' instead (only when class chaining disabled)

Hi,

Running into an interesting one… or maybe I’m just being dumb. Seems to happen on any version of Bricks w/ the new disable class chaining 1.7+ (1.7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.3, 1.8,1.8.1,1.8.2,1.8.3 no difference)

I have an icon element with a SVG uploaded into it. It has a class of ‘social-icon’ where I have the ‘size’ setting set to 3rem (no size set on the element itself so I can use this class on multiple icons) (outputting as a 30px X 30px icon).

Here’s what’s output on the frontend, with the size I’m after properly rendering:
.social-icon.brxe-icon {
font-size: 3rem;
}

Once I turn on disable chaining element & global class, it ignores my class set size completely and uses svg.brxe-icon { font-size: inherit; } instead:

Why…?

1 Like

Hey @whd,

thanks for your report.

When using a custom SVG you do not use the Size (font-size) setting but the Width and Height settings in the icon popup.

Best,

André

@aslotta

I understand that option since it’s giving the SVG itself direct height/width, however two problems there:

1 - It gets applied to the SVG/element itself, I can’t add it to the class (without doing custom/aside CSS of course). So that cannot be used throughout bricks but only on that one SVG/icon element, which defeats the purpose of doing the styling as a class.

Edit: workaround for that appears to be ignore the SVG height/width setting and using my class on the icon element add a ‘width’ and ‘height’ in style → layout → sizing. It will take that on my class and apply to all of the icons I have the class on. #2 below still seems relevant though, there shouldn’t be so many ‘size’ options for the icon element when using a class when only this one will work!

2 - Why when editing the icon element (class) does the SIZE appear if it isn’t meant to be used / won’t work? Seems like that would be the bug… remove the ‘size’ option when editing a class on the icon element if SVG option is selected?

2 Likes

I came across the same issue of setting width/height of custom SVG with class.

It’s a bit counter-intuitive and misleading.

@aslotta do you have it in your bug tracker or a list of todos?