NO BUG: Header Template Elements not showing in Bricks Builder

Browser: Safari / Brave / Chrome
URL: No need as cannot see issue on front end. (See video)
Video: Bird Eats Bug
Site Host: Siteground

Hi Team,

Recently I came back to work on a project that I’ve been building for a while. I came back to make some changes to the header and for some reason I cannot now see the Header elements when I click to edit. I can however see the elements in the Body Edit page and on the front end of the website. I can also see the structure of each of the elements for the header.

Nothing has changed on my hosts/server end and all my other websites with the same host have no issues editing the header template. I don’t use cloud flare though I’m unsure if my host does, but that wouldn’t explain why all my other sites work just fine that are built with Bricks.

Please see video above for details

Hope someone can help as this is preventing me from finishing this site.

Matt

Hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for your report!

Would you be so kind as to send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase?

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi Timmse,

I’ve just sent over an email with everything on. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you

Matt

Hi Matt,
You/or something/or someone have set a custom tag on some basic text elements that cannot work because it is not a correct HTML tag:

I manually removed the wrong tags from the template and re-imported it (the title says “working”).

Best regards,
timmse

Hi @timmse brilliant thank you! I don’t even remember setting that custom tag. I still have an issue with the CSS on the main live site completely broken but yet it’s fine on the builder and previewer, any ideas? Issue seemed to start at the same time.

The inline styles broke because of this:

1 Like

@timmse That’s a great spot thank you for sorting I’ve no recollection of changing these so odd, but at least it’s sorted.

This can always happen in the heat of the moment. If styles are no longer displayed correctly after a certain point, it is usually due to something like this. It is relatively easy to find out exactly where:

1. Switch CSS method to inline styles
  2. Look into the source code and copy the complete inline styles
  3. Paste the CSS code into a code editor like Visual Studio Code
  4. VS Code shows if there is a syntax error :magic_wand:

Best regards,
timmse

that’s great thank you for the advice and quick support too!