NO BUG: Code element creates random bracket and moves semi-colon

Bricks Version: 1.6.2
Browser: Brave
URL: n/a see video

Watch this video

When I add ‘height:100%;’, upon typing the ; two strange things happen - 1) the ; moves outside of the HTML button element container 2) a random bracket is inserted in the style attribute of another HTML element further up the code block.

In the video I use VS Code compare function to highlight these changes

Heres the HTML before I added the height style for your testing

<!-- class="_form _form_33 _inline-form _inline-style " -->
<form method="POST" action="https: calc(//forestretreats.activehosted.com / proc.php") id="_form_33_"  style="width:100%;" novalidate>
  <input type="hidden" name="u" value="33" />
  <input type="hidden" name="f" value="33" />
  <input type="hidden" name="s" />
  <input type="hidden" name="c" value="0" />
  <input type="hidden" name="m" value="0" />
  <input type="hidden" name="act" value="sub" />
  <input type="hidden" name="v" value="2" />
  <input type="hidden" name="or" value="58828a16946d4d74002ac5abacff56fd" />
  <div class="form-content grid--3-1 grid--m-1" style="width: 100%;">
    <div class="_form-input-wrapper grid--2 grid--m-1 gap--m text--left text--shade-ultra-dark">
      <div class="_form_element _x25483048 _inline-style " >
        <div class="_field-wrapper">
          <input type="text" id="fullname" name="fullname" placeholder="Name" required/>
        </div>
      </div>
      <div class="_form_element _x88363129 _inline-style " >
        <div class="_field-wrapper">
          <input type="text" id="email" name="email" placeholder="Email" required/>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
      <div class="footer-form__btn-wrapper">
        <button id="_form_33_submit" class="btn--primary" type="submit" style="width: 100%;">
        </button>
      </div>
  </div>
  <div class="_clear-element">
  </div>
  <div class="_form-thank-you" style="display:none;">
  </div>
</form>

Hi @mackarias ,

Thanks for the video.
Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate your issue locally by copying your HTML codes into a code element. No additional bracket or semi-colon was added here.

Additionally, I wonder if the action value of your form tag is a valid one or if it’s a typo. There is an additional closing bracket after the proc.php"

Could it be a browser plugin or extension causing this issue?

Regards,
Jenn

1 Like

Hi @itchycode

The issue specifically happens when adding the semi-colon - copy and paste might not replicate the issue as I had no issue when I pasted the code in the first place, only when I edited it in the builder. I also get what looks like a broken autocomplete functionality when using the code box.

Regarding the typo - it is possible there’s a typo as there maybe more random characters added by the builder that I’m unaware of!

Let me know if you’re still unable to duplicate the issue, I’ll then try on a different browser.

Hi Macky,

So sorry that really unable to replicate the issue here.
I tried entering the semi-colon manually but don’t see any abnormal behavior here too.
Yes, suggest you try in a different browser or an incognito / private browser.

If the issue still persists, please create a temp admin and send it to help@bricksbuilder.io Kindly include this forum thread URL in your email as a reference too. Thank you!

Regards,
Jenn

1 Like

Thanks Jenn,

Also regarding the bracket - there’s an opening bracket after calc, I think the bracket you’re referring to is the accompanying closing bracket?

Ignore my last post, it seems the weirdness is also adding random code.

So after some testing I’ve isolated the issue to some custom code on the site - so not a bug.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Thanks for the update and I will mark this topic as “No Bug” :slight_smile: