NO BUG: Bricks not overriding default template

Hi,

I created a WooCommerce “Thank You” page template, and it worked except for the title from the default template.

The Order Received H1 title above is coming from the default template.

You can recreate this from your end.

Hi Abey,
Thanks for your report!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue. Please provide a live link and screenshots or a screencast showing the template in detail. As far as I can tell, the default template doesn’t contain a heading.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi,

Here’s a screencast -

PS: What’s the difference between Order Receipt and Thank You Page templates?

Hey Abey,
Thanks for the screencast. Unfortunately, I forgot that the thank you template is currently not showing for visitors who are not logged in, which is why I can’t see anything in the front end :melting_face:

Please send temporary login credentials and a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io using the email address you used during the purchase :v:

Hi,

Here’s the possible problem and solution.

By default (fresh WP and WooCommerce installation), WooCommerce pages are auto-created with Gutenberg block contents in them — esp. Checkout and Cart.

If the Thank You page shows the title from the default template, it’s coming from the Checkout page with Gutenberg content.

Note: Thank You page is a subpage to Checkout page.

SOLUTION
Check the default/auto-created Checkout page and confirm whether it has block contents or not, if it does, then delete the page and create a new one and add the shortcode [woocommerce_checkout].

Don’t forget to select the new page as your default WooCommerce page from WooCommmerce>Settings>Advanced.

1 Like

If this is the solution, thank you for the hint!

By the way, we point this out right at the beginning of the Academy - that’s probably why I assumed that Abey’s setup is already configured correctly:

1 Like

Apologies!

It occurred after site migration.