NO BUG: Bricks extremly slow/lagging in Safari 16.3

Browser: Safari 16.3
URL: Link to a page that illustrates this issue
Video: Bricks Builder Safari latest version - YouTube

Hey team,

I accessed my website that I am building with Bricks for the first time today on MacBook in Safari 16.3 (latest version) and experienced extreme lags. In Chrome I can work wonderfully with Bricks as seen in the video but in Safari it is impossible.

I only have motion.page, Cooming Soon plugin and a Media Library plugin installed, so I don’t think that’s the problem.

The WordPress memory limit is 1024mb I have optimized everything possible, but in Safari Bricks does not work at all.

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

For what it’s worth I think it might be environmental to some degree because I use Safari as my main browser and have absolutely no issues with it. Definitely nothing performance-wise. Have you tried disabling all browser side plug-ins?

I’m using Safari 16.3 on an iMac with plenty of available resources.

It’s been slow/hanging on a number of sites for about a week.

Vivaldi is fine, it’s a Safari issue.

Hi Daniel,
Thanks so much for your report!

Have you tried it with disabled plugins/browser extensions?
It will be difficult to track down the possible problem if some users have problems and others do not.

Welcome to the forum @rscass :v:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

I have found the problem. As you can see here: https://dev2.digitaldocks.de/ I am using an Ultra Gradient.

As it turns out, this ultra gradient is eating up the GPU. I didn’t notice it because I build it on my desktop PC with an RTX3060 and Chrome. On my MacBook, the backend is completely laggy because of the animated ultra gradient. What’s really interesting is that Chrome is much better at handling these gpu intensive styles - at least on my MacBook.

2 Likes

Hey,
Thanks for the feedback!

Chrome/Brave or Firefox are in some respects more “relaxed” than Safari :slight_smile: