NO BUG: Better Search Replace

We have run a better search replace after moving the website over to its new home.

However, this appears to have broken the site and the templates as a result.

The homepage is built without a template and appears to work. Any template attached or any other pages without a template seem to have broken.

We have reverted the website back to a previous backup to fix the issue. However, URL’s are incorrect on certain page as we can’t run the better search replace.

Hey Josh,

thanks for your report.

Since you manipulated the database directly it’s hard to tell what might have gone wrong here. Did you resave your permalinks after the migration? Did you check the database for invalid values?

Not a Bricks bug though.

Best,

André

Hello,

I have never had this issue with pushing a site live until using bricks. I have not done anything different to what I would have for the other sites I have put live previously. These sites we’re with the dreaded Elementor though. We have put a few simple builds live with bricks but these we’re on their own staging. Seems a lot of people have a similar issue from what we have researched.

We have a subdomains which have https: as bricks won’t allow you to copy and paste elements on http:

This seems to break on the template side. Imagery pull through but any page using a bricks template breaks. I personally believe it is bricks…

Kind regards,

Josh

Hey Josh,

if you can provide me with some temporary credentials to your site I’m happy to have a look. Please send those credentials to help@bricksbuilder.io from the email address you used to purchase Bricks and include a link to this forum thread.

Seems a lot of people have a similar issue from what we have researched.

Could you please also provide me with some links to those other people’s problems you researched?

Best,

André

Hello Andre,

Thank you for coming back so quickly. We believe we have now fixed the issue.

On another post the user reported installing on a blank install of wp first. This has now worked.

Kind regards,

Josh